The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
New day one but in bed hungry
28 Feb 2017, 03:16
Hi I'm new to 5-2 I'm currently on week 7 of slimming world and lost 10 pounds but wanting to try the new plan I found this site by chance when I googled slimming world and 5-2 so hopefully I will get help & ideas from you all
I've done loads of diets before Cambridge , calorie count and my favourite Atkins which I kept to three years at 9 & 1/2 stone skinny
I discovered rose wine three years ago and almost got to 13 stone I'm ashamed to say
Let's hope I can get back to a healthy ten stones wish me luck
Welcome to the forums!

Yes, wine can be the downfall of many of us :-) My problem when I drink too much is I then think it's a great idea to *also* eat too much. Oops.

I think 5:2 works beautifully with weight watchers, so you can probably find a way to make it work with slimming world. (I have no idea what slimming world is, to be honest, I'm guessing).
Welcome!
I have the same problem with wine. Actually, any alcohol makes me want to eat everything I see :(
Oh, as for going to bed hungry, I try to save about 100 calories for a protein snack right before bed - a hard boiled egg, or a bit of cheese, or some plain yogurt is the ideal snack.

It's hard to sleep on an empty stomach!
Hi,
I started 5:2 in June 2013 and lost approx. 4 and a half stone and managed to keep it off for a decent amount of time till the bad habits crept back in. I'm now at 70kg from 63kg and have gone back to 5:2 because it is the only thing that seems to work for me (and I've tried 'em all). I know that if I persevere the weight will come off again as it did before, and I will not feel like I am on a DIET. I even have chocolate on non fast days if I want it and make sure I eat to my TDEE. I think I went wrong before because I got complacent and started over eating and also because I didn't do proper fasts towards the end. The thing I have struggled with all my life is using food as a comfort and a coping mechanism and until one/you/me conquers that then I will be yo-yoing up and down a bit. BUT nowhere near at my heaviest (100kg). This forum was really helpful to me in that time too - though I find half the time I can't log on these days and also it seems an awful lot quieter.

Anyhow good luck with your 5:2/Slimming World and apologies for the ramble :-)

Liz
I started on 16th Jan and have lost 7.7 stone.... doing a 5:2 plus a third day pseudo fast where I eat anything I want in the evening. I've also been eating/drinking whatever I fancy on the off days.... So long story short - 5:2 works!
Yay! So happy to see you Liz/ @loversghost! I'm not glad you regained some, of course, but it's lovely to have you back :-) At least you're nipping it in the bud and not letting *all* the weight come back. It's far too easy to do that.
7 posts Page 1 of 1