The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
New here
22 Jun 2016, 14:13
Good morning Ladies and Gentleman's,
I'm new to this forum but not new to 5:2. I'm happy to find you all here and read your posts.
Little bit about me. I'm 46, premenopausal and 5.10. I have autoimmune disease (Graves/Hashimoto) and no thyroid.
Last year I was 139 pounds and in one year I went to 157 "thanks" to hormonal changes and my metabolism slowing down. I was also eating Autoimune paleo to help with my autoimmunity but pounds were still pilling up. I decided to visit nutritionist to see if they can help and they did. He switched me from eating 3 square mils to eating 5 times a day and it helped with my metabolism. I also have study energy throughout the day and I like that feeling. To speed things up I started 5:2 6 weeks ago and also started carb cycling. I was loosing 2 pounds a week thanks to all the changes I have done. I was always athletic and love to exercise but would love to loose little bit more fat so continuing with 5:2 and carb cycling.
Looking forward meeting you all.
Re: New here
22 Jun 2016, 16:45
Welcome to the forum Lillygirl!

I have Graves disease as well, currently asymptomatic. They ablated my thyroid last year, but didn't manage to kill it -- it's like a cockroach, apparently. ;-) I'm still producing enough T-4 to be within the normal range.

Good for you for not letting your weight get very far out of control. There's a lot of people who wish they had started something when they were only 18 pounds overweight!

Best of luck
23 Jun 2016, 01:43
Thank you Tracyknits for your reply :)
23 Jun 2016, 10:57
Hi lilly girl,and welcome Crome me as well,weight loss is so much more of a challenge even more so when dealing with health issues,I haven't really shared here before now but I went through breast cancer 4 years ago now,I went through surgery chemo and radiation,with chemo I put on 12 kg,lucky for me I was fit and healthy when diagnosed so it helped in my recovery,but my body has not been the same since,I was also taking hormone blockers for a while but have decided to stop taking them now.
Wishing you all the best with 5.2
23 Jun 2016, 12:35
Oh wow Newgirl! I'm so glad you were able to beat the cancer <3 I hope the rest of your issues will be able to work themselves out
23 Jun 2016, 17:11
@Newgirl, thank you for sharing your story. You are super woman battling all those health issues. Wishing you all the best :heart:
6 posts Page 1 of 1