The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

14 posts Page 1 of 1
11 Jun 2016, 03:20
Hello everyone
I just signed up today and i am excited to be here
Re: new member
11 Jun 2016, 15:55
Hi,and welcome. All the best with it all.
11 Jun 2016, 16:51
Nice to meet you! Have a browse round...lots of useful info here for you to help you on yr journey!
Wishing you all the best and just shout if you have any questions.! X
Let us know how yr first fast goes! :like:
11 Jun 2016, 19:38
Hello @clover_nev and welcome from me!

I'm a returning faster. Lost nearly 4 stone back in 2014....then stopped 5:2...and guess what? Put it all back on again!

Fighting the flab once more...but would really like to crack it once and for all and stop the yo-yo-ing.

Good to have you with us!
13 Jun 2016, 00:22
Hi Clover ... I am new too and today is my first fast! So far so good but it's only early! I have planned to have just lunch and dinner and tea and coffee. All the best!
Pam
13 Jun 2016, 17:42
Hi @Pam22and @clover_nev, welcome! Here's a pdf I put together for a friend of mine...
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 Basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
13 Jun 2016, 17:56
Welcome to the forum!
13 Jun 2016, 23:05
Thanks so much Ferretgal and Tracieknits ... made it through first day ok. Skipped breakfast and had lunch. Felt a bit hungry about 4 pm but had cup of tea and went for walk. Funny I don't really feel that hungry this morning!

Thanks for the PDF Ferretgal ... I will download it.
Pam
13 Jun 2016, 23:46
Hi and welcome to you both @clover_nev and @pam22, you will find lots of friendly advice and support on these pages. If I could give you only one piece of advice it would be to measure you waist and make a note of the result. When the scales seem to be stuck in one position you will often find that your waist measurement goes down. Check in here often - especially on your fast days - a few minutes on here can get you through a hungry patch.
18 Jun 2016, 21:54
:wink: First 2 fasts 'done and dusted' and didn't find it too hard but when I did found strategies ... thanks to good advise. I have lost 1 kg this week so am pleased with that.
23 Jun 2016, 20:58
Another week gone .... finding it all okay .... hope that continues!
23 Jun 2016, 23:20
Hi @clover_nev and @Pam22, welcome to this Forum. I joined earlier this year and have found a wonderfully supportive group of people. It took me awhile to look around the site, learn to use it, and read some info. More reading to be done later. Good luck, and let us know how you do. :clover:
22 Jul 2016, 23:54
Hi everyone .... well have completed 6 weeks now (on 2 weeks only fasted 1 day due to various reasons). I have lost 2.1 kilos and 2 cms off my waist so am pleased with that. Today I read all of your blogs Ferretgal and found them so helpful. Wish I had read them at the beginning because it answered some questions and confirmed some of my thinking! Really just getting to know this forum and am sure it will be very helpful.
23 Jul 2016, 11:54
Congratulations on your success!! :-)
14 posts Page 1 of 1