The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: New member
06 Sep 2016, 07:19
So pleased to hear the numbers are going down @MrsQ! It IS exciting isn't it! Like @Wmr309 I used to weigh every day (when I used to do ADF) and it was amazing the difference a day made(!) Weighing daily keeps you on your toes too (I think that's the idea of it) so if you've gone up a tad too much all you do is cut down on your cals for that day!
How are you doing anyway Mrs Q?!
Bean :heart:
06 Sep 2016, 21:35
Welcome and congratulations!!!

I weigh daily and I have weighed nearly every day for a couple of years now. If I don't weigh, I find that I slip back into bad habits and unhealthy eating. There's a trick to it though - you have to not despair if the number goes up by a couple of pounds in a day. You'll soon learn about water weight and how a salty meal of sushi and thai food will show a 3 lb gain invariably the next day, even if the calories were far too low for you to have gained actual fat weight. I started weighing daily after reading an article on habits of people who have successfully maintained big weight losses.
06 Sep 2016, 23:28
Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely need to eat healthier on my non-fast days. I am considering putting a refrigerator in my office. I went back to work full-time last January, and have gained approximately 20 lbs.
18 posts Page 2 of 2