The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
New to Fast day
21 Jan 2018, 11:26
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. Just thought i would drop a quick line to introduce myself. I have just finished my 2nd week of 20/4 IF . I have lost 6 pounds so far .
started at 226 pounds hopeing to get at least 60 pounds off this year.
I have been feeling the cold more, flushed red face in the evenings, itchy skin and head aches
but have started to take Electrolyte suppliments and they seam to be doing the trick . Also still finding my feet with the Diet.
Any tips would be welcome.
I did do the 20/4 IF a couple of years ago and lost 40 pounds but went on a couple of holidays close together and let things slip.
Have a great day.
Mike
N,Wales UK
Re: New to Fast day
25 Jan 2018, 21:09
Welcome Mike, I think it must have taken a few days for your initial post to be "approved" by the forum administrators, as I hadn't seen it before.

There are a few people in the forum doing very narrow eating windows like you. I don't know how you do it! I did the standard 5:2 and on non-fast days can rarely manage an eating window narrower than 10 hours!!

Feeling cold and having headaches are not uncommon feelings when fasting, I don't recall hearing of the other symptoms you describe. Do read the LEARN pages for some comments about the side effects of fasting. Keep hydrated (and also drinking coffee if you normally do). The LEARN pages also have lots of other useful information.

I guess the one comment I would make is that, in terms of maintaining your weight loss, you do need to find a way of eating that you can sustain that will enable you to maintain that loss. So unless you want to do 20:4 "forever", you may need to look at making other changes to when and what you eat - given your previous experience!

Good luck and best wishes :clover: :smile:
25 Jan 2018, 22:07
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. I will definitely take a look at the learn pages you mentioned.
My plan is to go for the first 6 months of this year on the 20/4 IF and then change it to 16/8 long term.
I have never really been one for breakfast any way so that helps.

Thanks again and good luck with your 5:2

Mike
26 Jan 2018, 06:51
Good to hear you have a longer term plan! :smile: Many people seem to successfully maintain on 16:8, it does work well for those who aren't fussed about breakfast. (And can stop eating mid evening.... :grin: )

Do keep us posted on your progress. :like: :clover:
4 posts Page 1 of 1