The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Newbie here
24 Feb 2017, 09:55
Hello all, I am new to 5:2 IF I only started 2 weeks ago.....I wish I had started years ago, I love it and really think this is going to be a new way of life for me.

I have lost 4.5lbs in 2 weeks which is mega for me. I have under active thyroid and weight loss is normally slow for me. In the past when I have done SW and WW I have only managed to lose half a lb a week and it was a struggle.

I am finding the fast days quite easy which surprised me because I am normally a grazer. I am having a green juice for breakfast that I make with a green apple, celery, cucumber, kale, a half a banana, a couple of blueberries and a bit of fresh ginger and a squirt of lemon juice...I add a bit of water so that it's not too thick. I have the same at lunchtime, and drink lots of water, lemon & ginger tea, and peppermint tea to get me through the day. I am then having either chicken or fish with a bit of veg for tea. (Yesterday my calorie total was 460)

I have always ate quite healthy but since doing the 5:2 I have more energy where as before I was always tired and very low energy. I also feel more alert and the only negative thing for me is that on fast days I don't sleep very well, where as I normally sleep like a baby for 9 hours per night.
Re: Newbie here
24 Feb 2017, 13:54
Welcome to this site! I'm sure you're going to find it as useful and motivating here as I did when I joined a couple of weeks ago.
Just like you, I wish I've discovered this years ago, hey, but better late than never, right!!?
I've started out with 5:2, then after the first four weeks I've switched to EOD (Every Other Day) fasting, and it's working like a charm for me! I steadily lose an average of 2lbs a week and I'm ecstatic about it!
24 Feb 2017, 15:51
Welcome! Congratulations on your very successful first two weeks! the weight loss will start to slow down now, that's to be expected. Don't be put off by it :-)

I find that if I eat my calories later in the day, it helps with poor sleep. I often save 100 or 150 calories for a protein snack before bed, which also really helps. Maybe a bit of cheese or yogurt, a hardboiled egg or lean turkey or chicken would help you?
25 Feb 2017, 10:46
Hi@Chillired!
I echo what @Tracieknits and @Zesty said... Its an awesome site for support and that feeling that you're not doing it all by yourself :grin:
4 posts Page 1 of 1