The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Seem to have lost my pervious blog entries, so will try and pick up where I left off with same name! Still maintaining more or less! Have a few bumps as does anyone but the I battin down and suck up and away we go again! Maintained for nearly a year. But slacked a bit as I would still like to lose my last 10-12. Dr visit last week was glowing and blood work corroborates weight lost. Good health is still first priority, but I am not going to lie I lovethe size 8 skinny jeans from size 14, and the 33 pounds less of i lug around. At 56 and soon to be grandma I am really pushing the 3-5 mile walk n jog, but use it as an excuse to fudge a glass of wine or piece of chocolate! Today I told myself would be my 30 day challenge before my grandson arrives. So my aim is to defy the odds of a post menopausal woman and lose 10 in 30 days! :razz: I started out 186 pounds and so out of shape w two blood pressure meds. The 5:2 was best choice I ever made in regards to my health! Needing a bit of push mentally, so here I am to try other fasters for support as my husband has fallen off the wagon! Hoping to vicariously get him back on track before he gains back 25 more of the 45 he lost . Look forward to hearing your tricks and successes!
Hello and welcome back.
Yes we are all still here, some have dropped of, but many are and have been returning. The forum did change but it's still fasting with fun all the way.
Have a look around and you'll spot many old faces and there are a lot of returners tents for you to join.

See you soon in the fasting today thread I hope.
Hi there.....Congrats on yr weight loss and your soon to be status as a granma! X
Hallo and welcome back and keep on fasting and Wow! a Grandma to be - fabulous!
Welcome back Kitchie!!!! Great to see you and well done on maintaining for a year.
Xxx julianna
Welcome back and well done on the maintaining and the great health results. Sorry to hear your OH is wobbling. Mine will not fast but is having a crack at lowering his carbs, he is having some success but it is so hard to find the line between not being judgmental and turning him off, and getting him to realise how strict he really needs to be further down the line if he is going to make serious inroads on the belly fat. In a way I am more pleased that he is now making an effort than I am about my own success, because I am good at grim determination!

There is nothing strange in your being a runner, you are only in your 50s. I started again this year and am 5 years older than you, and I know I am not the oldest lady who runs on this forum, but do not want to reveal anyone else's age! Great thing about running, it gets the exercise over quicker so you can come home and do other stuff (or spend more time on the sofa!)
Welcome back @Kitchie Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far and with maintaining that loss for a year :like:
Something very special to look forward to the grandchild how very lovely, you'll be one very tiny grandma indeed by then being a very
tiny size 8s now :clover: Good luck with your restart and losing those
10pounds maybe your hubby will joint in with you once he sees you starting to lose once again. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Hi @Kitchie

I note your plea for help/support in someone else's Introduce Yourself; thought it best to reply in your thread... :)

Are there particular areas that you need support in? That would help guide us in the sorts of things to suggest.

Have a look thru recent threads/posts in areas of interest to you.

Do you perhaps need to go back to the basic 5:2, making sure your fast does not exceed 1/4 TDEE?

Would an eating window help you?

Are you eating lots of veggies in the most filling form you can find?

Have you reflected on what worked best for you in the past and what did not?

Would keeping a daily blog help?

Let us know specifically where we can help and I am sure there will be lots of ideas coming forth.

Good luck! :)
Welcome back @kitchie!

This place is excellent for getting all the support you need, so why not make a nice cuppa and settle down to read as much of the forum as you can?

Best of luck!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Wow! What fun to sit and read these great supportive replies as I start my fast day!! I have a sense most of you are across the "pond". It is a beautiful day here in Colorado and I am getting ready to go get my 3-5 mile walk in. Three for sure...5 if the flies aren't bad! LOL! I have lost my three pounds I gained during my county fair indulgences of last week! My goal is another 3-5 before new grandson's arrival in 2-3 weeks. Hubby is trying to get back on the band wagon with me and we hit the golf course yesterday! Thank you all for the warm welcome back!
10 posts Page 1 of 1