The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone. 2 years ago I joined this forum and started the 5:2 Fast Diet. I had great success, losing 30 lbs total. I stopped the fast diet and didn't even do the maintence 1 day fast because I got really sick with an illness. Now I'm pretty healthy again but have been gaining weight. The first time I was here I weight 166 lbs and at the end weighed 138 lbs. Now I'm at 150 lbs and wanting to get down to 130 lbs, so I've set my sights on losing 20 lbs. I'm glad to be back on track again. I started on Thursday and didn't have much problem sticking to the 500 calories but I know some days are going to be hard. :grin:
Welcome back Dazzlecat and hello. Glad to hear you are over your illness and back on track. Good luck :clover:
Welcome back @dazzlecat!

Glad to hear you are better & that your first fast went so well. I'm sure you will soon drop the 20lbs!

Best of luck!
Welcome back @Dazzlecat. You are in good company here. I lost about 8 kgs here two years ago and have gained it all back in the last year. So, here I am again. I do love the fact that I know this works and the forums offer huge support on both fasting and non fasting days. Let us know how you get on. :clover:
Life happens, regain happens. However, you're in the excellent position of knowing what works for you!

What underpinned your previous success? Was it signing in to the Fasting Today threads? Participating in the forum? Using the tracker? Did you monitor your calorie intake on both FD and non-fast days?

Something I never did, but *so* wish that I had, was monitor my progress in non-scale ways. E.g., measuring various parts of the body or taking regular photographs from fixed perspectives, wearing the same clothes, in same lighting conditions etc. I think that, in retrospect, that would have been tremendously useful (but - I never have been able to bear photographs...).

Good Luck!
Welcome back Dazzlecat! Love yr name! X
Hello glad you've come back, sorry you were ill. Get settled in there are lots of new members here and your experience will no doubt be useful to some.
Good luck and see you on the fasting today threads.
Me too! same reason! but have a lot more to lose. Also been struggling with it mentally it is easy being in denial. I am going to ease myself in. Hopefully I can join in the forum as i found it was the key to my success. I am trying again as i failed a few months ago.
Welcome back and good luck, Dazzlecat!
I will add my welcome! :) You are not alone with the weight regain - it seems that most of us have to be ever vigilant or that regain happens. However, there are some on this forum who have been able to make those permanent changes to what/how/when they eat and so have found a sustainable way to maintain. Do take SSure's advice to evaluate what worked for you and try to work out what happened to change things, and do read through the maintenance threads and related threads to find out about those who successfully (and easily??) maintain.

Good luck and best wishes. :clover:
Welcome back, and with all the knowledge you gained last time, you will probably take a lot less time to lose the pounds. Enjoy!
Hi@dazzlecat, welcome back. :clover: :clover: :clover:
thanks everyone for your posts and encouragement. I decided to create a new account because the stats were going to be sooo inaccurate on the one i started 2 years ago. I entered my new info and the stats said I was losing .0175 lbs a week and would reach my goal in May 2017. :bugeyes: Hilarious, but not what I need to see when I look for encouragement from my stats page. So I am now Dazzlecat2. Thanks and best of luck to everyone.
Hello @jai02 & welcome back!

I am a returner too & I think it all boils down to accountability. We need to choose to hold ourselves accountable for what we eat....every day. I fell off the wagon big time....stopped holding myself accountable & gained 2 stone (half of what I had lost). Now I am back, constantly hoping for miracles, trying hard most of the time (tend to slip up on non-fast days) and just coming to realise that there is no magic fix. It will take time and I have to commit to that...and re-commit every day.

Good luck, read lots on here & throw yourself into forum life whenever you can!
14 posts Page 1 of 1