The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Just done first fast day
18 Jan 2013, 12:19
Hi everyone.

I am new to the 5:2 diet but my first day of fasting was surprisingly easy and I don't feel very hungry today either. I feel that this is a sustainable way to lose weight. The book is an interesting read and the scientific evidence is compelling.

My main concern is that I have a lot of weight to lose not just a few pounds and I hope that it will work as well for someone who has a few stone to lose as for someone who only has a few pounds.

I will keep you posted about my progress and look forward to reading other people's stories :D
Re: Just done first fast day
18 Jan 2013, 12:32
Hi Judy! Welcome to the forums and to the 5:2 way of life :)

It's great that you've done so well on your first fast and that you're feeling so good the day after. Well done you!

I also had a lot of weight to lose - I managed to put on about 3 stone in the last 3 years (two of them actually piled on in the year after getting married!). I've been doing 5:2 since August and have so far lost 31.5lbs :) Another stone and I shall be very pleased indeed! It's coming off more slowly now, but I also know I'm not being quite so careful on my feed days as I was near the start (probably wintertime doesn't help, prone to munching in the daytime when I'm cold!), but it's great to know I can still eat like this and lose weight.

I'm sure you'll find this way of life agrees well with you and really helps with the weight loss :D
18 Jan 2013, 12:39
That's a fantastic weight loss-well done! I hope I see similar results. It is a bit harder in cold weather isn't it? As I type this the world outside is blanketed in snow:)
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.
18 Jan 2013, 13:46
This is my first week and I am afraid that the way I have fasted may be cheating. I fast from 2-2 but have no calories at all which I find much easier. The only thing is this way I am not fasting for over 30 hours as I would be if I was to fast from bedtime until the following morning over 24 hours later. I only sleep once! Although I am still watching what I eat on my days off!
4 posts Page 1 of 1