The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
My first time here!
17 Jun 2013, 16:42
Just wanted to say HI and introduce myself. I've been doing 5:2 for about 2 months and it's going well. My motives for doing it are slightly different to many of you (from what I can tell) because I already lost a lot of weight (about 60 pounds) and am at my ideal weight now. I decided to do 5:2 to maintain my weight and also to get the other health benefits associated with the diet.
I'm fasting today and already looking forward to tomorrow:)
Today my regime consisted of the following:
Breakfast: Whole grapefruit segmented with 30g of blueberries and 2 teaspoons of 0%fat yoghurt (105 cals)
Lunch: 2 Ryevita with half tub low fat cottage cheese topped with sliced cucumber (150 cals)
Dinner: 1 small fillet of baked salmon, steamed green beans (generous portion) and a mixed salad of rocket, celery, cucumber, 4 cherry tomatoes and 2 spring onions with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil to dress it (320 cals)
Total 575 cals.
What do you people think of my menu today?
Re: My first time here!
17 Jun 2013, 17:07
Hi Brendan & welcome :D
Sounds like a tasty fast day indeed!
Personally I'd steer clear of the low fat products, even on a fast day I'd rather have a smaller amount of the full fat (the stuff they put in the low fat isn't very good for us).

Hope you succeed in keeping the weight off and sticking to his way of eating - and being able to enjoy all the things you have probably gone without in order to lose all that weight in the first place (well done by the way!)
17 Jun 2013, 17:27
Welcome to the forum Brendon! Well done with getting the weight off and brilliant that you found your way to 5:2 to maintain. Your menu looks great! Enjoy and keep us posted of your progress in maintaining. :)
17 Jun 2013, 17:43
Thanks for the encouragement! I am really enjoying the regime because I feel so much better. The biggest benefit though is how much more I enjoy food on non-fast days! I would love to know more about the additional health benefits of 5:2 other than just weight loss.
05 Jul 2013, 22:57
Congrats, Brendan! That's one tasty menu. I just joined the forum today, and hope to pick up some menu ideas from everyone.
5 posts Page 1 of 1