The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Another Newbie
14 Jan 2013, 12:03
Hello all :D I took the plunge yesterday with my first fast day and easily kept to the 500 cals so feel pleased with that.
I did watch the Horizon programme last year and was extremely interested but life took over and consequently I've only just started.

I will be doing the - eat nothing until early evening, rather than snacking method as the minute I eat something it seems to stimulate my appetite for the day.

Good luck everyone and I very much hope this is THE way of life my body has been looking for :D
Re: Another Newbie
14 Jan 2013, 12:49
Well done on starting 5:2, especially going all-in right away with saving all your cals for the evening. That's what I do now though I did start on a small lunch/dinner combo I find this works better for me as I too find I get ravenous if I start eating earlier!
14 Jan 2013, 14:47
Cheers Moogie :-) Im quite surprised at how well today is going to be honest - really thought I would be going all out to stuff my face! I worked out how many cals I should be eating - approx 2000 per day so am trying to stick to that on eating days.
15 Jan 2013, 12:28
Welcome! I'm hoping to get to the point where I can just eat in the evening - would certainly make planning fast days for two easier!
15 Jan 2013, 12:39
Hi Tracieknits. I've just posted in the Progress thread which may go some way to explain why I feel so capable of waiting until evening for food ...... I overeat by a large amount on feed days and consequently Im not hungry on fast days until much later. The last time I ate yesterday was 9pm - two crumpets - and had already had a huge stir fry at 5.30. Sticking to 2000 will not be possible for me yet so Im going to try 4:3 until my appetite settles (if it ever does) lol :-). Good luck :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1