The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Saw Michael Mosely on breakfast tv last at the beginning of January and his 5:2 diet just makes sense to me. So I swiftly purchased his book, read it from cover to cover and decided to go for it.

I have dieted in the past but have only ever managed to stick it for 6 weeks. Most I've ever lost is a stone and always put it back on again.

So yesterday was my first fast day. I found it much easier than I thought. I decided to skip breakfast as I start work at 8am so rarely have time for breakfast on a work day anyway. I had a bowl of salad for lunch (no protein or carbs) just radish, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, leaves etc and an orange. Then a bowl of homemade veg soup (worked out the calories as being 90 per bowl) for dinner. I was fairly hungry by 9.30pm but went to bed early to sleep the hunger away.

My next fast day is Thursday which isn't a work day so I'm expecting it to be a bit harder as I'm less busy.
Welcome! Yesterday was my 3rd fast day and it seems to be getting easier. I think you're on the right track not eating until lunch time. I think eating breakfast made it harder for me the one time I did it. I also go to bed early on fast day :-)

I've certain been there, done that when it comes to not sticking to a diet. Dr. Varaday's research indicates this one is easier to stick to and I can believe that. "I'll have that tomorrow" really seems to be a great motivator for me.
2 posts Page 1 of 1