The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Oh no... :confused:

It will come round quickly though. I had an op in December on a Tuesday. I fasted on the Monday. It was only a small op (afternoon) and I could have eaten a horse by 2pm ! By the time I came round, all I wanted was my food :smile:

It didn't have adverse effects but I would ask your surgeon/doctor as you are having a major op and could be under a while. It is far better to have you going in healthy food wise and not let a fast mess things up.

You will be loosing by the sounds of it on soup afterwards, so I would keep up your strength before the op without a fast. Far more important to have you in the best shape :) If the doc is fine with a fast then you have the green light to fit one in !

I wish you all the very best in advance :like: :clover: :heart:
How upsetting for you Julie. :frown:

My colleagues hubby booked in for private cataract op 10 days ago, found out 5days before op date that the secretary hadn't booked him in till next Tuesday. He's self employed, had rearranged stuff, cancelled stuff etc etc.

Anyway back to you..
Eat what you want as you will empty out naturally that morning anyway (if you are anything like me). You only have to fast from the evening before when having a general don't you. As you will not be able to take much in afterwards (also like me) there's no point concerning yourself about fasting afterwards. Then I went onto 16.8 when I was able to eat again after about a week.
It'll still come round faster than you want it too, then before you know it it'll be all done and dusted.
Good luck Julie. Hope all goes well with the op and that you get it when they say it is going to happen. It is no mean feat organising the family so to have the dates changed willy nilly is a real annoyance. Best wishes.
18 posts Page 2 of 2