The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

50 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: Menopausal what to expect?
01 Jan 2014, 14:34
Jesus, I'm going to have to bookmark this guys.
07 Jan 2014, 20:08
Well @julieathome & @rawkaren this just goes to show how powerful this forum is in so many ways!!

I had to go back to the docs today as the smear test was inconclusive as he had taken insufficent cells. Hmmm the reason was the amazing vaginal dryness. The difference is that when I was in that oh-so-delightful position this morning, I did dare to suggest that he might be struggling because of dryness & that it has been an "issue" in our sexual life for nearly 10 years now (due to the PAIN) and that I had just learnt that this may not be uncommon !!!!!

He gave me a ticking off for not talking to him before (yeah, right) and said that it's meant for pleasure not pain (!!!) so I now have a pessarie prescription & have to give him a shout in a month (3 days off the pessarie prior to a smear)

EXCITED !!!
08 Jan 2014, 22:08
Oooh dear, have I shocked you all? :(
08 Jan 2014, 22:14
Not shocked at all@AnnieD- hope it works for you! Have fun :wink:
08 Jan 2014, 23:00
Nope not shocked. But wondering why you are on here at all. Shouldn't you be waking hubby up?
08 Jan 2014, 23:03
Julieathome wrote: Nope not shocked. But wondering why you are on here at all. Shouldn't you be waking hubby up?

LOL haven't collected the prescription yet !!!!!!!
08 Jan 2014, 23:06
Tut, tut, tut!
08 Jan 2014, 23:47
You will be raring to go within two weeks. :lol: I still need the lubricant stuff too though. Sorry TMI..... we all look forward to the report @annied.

I had not appreciated how many suffer in silence. GP'sI think are a little slow to help. They automatically go the full HRT route but it was not for me. However I do think they should ask about this particular matter and offer it as support.

I had to prompt my GP after reading up and she willingly offered it. But why not first time around?
09 Jan 2014, 00:13
I suffered in silence for 25 years will problematic hormones. It was only when I was treated by a German doctor who asked for 'testosterone' to be tested that I was finally proven to be low on testosterone. I must be the only person on here who can't wait till her ovary(s) pack in for good. Because then I won't need any testosterone implants any more.
09 Jan 2014, 03:39
rawkaren wrote: I should mention (as many women are not brave enough to say), I have just started taking the lowest dose possible of oestrogen pessaries for dryness. I'm still young :lol: so this is important to me. They are like a miracle. If you are struggling, don't be afraid to ask your physician. I don't take anything else.

Yes, I have mine with an applicator and the lowest dose, supposed to use it 3 times a week, but only do it once. I am not convinced it stays in your body only locally, surely some has got to travel around the body system.
13 Jan 2014, 08:25
My night sweats have gone again! They stopped when I started this WOE last summer and I thought it was the healthy eating. Then in mid-November they came back again - not as bad as they'd been before, only about 3 or 4 a night when previously I'd been getting up to ten! But in the last week they have stopped again so I'm sleeping really well. But I'm wondering whether there has been some kind of hormonal change (which precipitated this) and maybe that is why I am struggling with my running....
13 Jan 2014, 08:54
That happened to me back when I first started getting menopausal symptoms...bad all winter then better in the spring/ summer. I'm sure there must be some ancient biology at work...spring being time for mating and all that? I know the days are only fractionally longer but already the birds are responding...blue tits building nests and woodpeckers drumming for mates. perhaps our bodies also respond with a bit of a hormonal boost.
01 Feb 2014, 22:18
Peri menopause is just as horrendous for me anyway. My bosom feels like it weighs a tonne, but alas I do not carry weight there, the only place I'm alight weight. My legs are on fire, and cool to the touch, but an inferno in my veins, my skin is itchy and everything is annoying at the moment. I have a debt collection notice saying I'm unacceptable for not paying my bill for which I know and have verification for actually paying it.
He will be sorry for sending that.
Am I using too much of my testosterone cream?. Its only 1 %, but thats another story. Too overwhelming.
Ah happy days.
01 Feb 2014, 23:10
Are the sore breasts cyclic or all the time.?
01 Feb 2014, 23:45
Too much testosterone in women shows up as beard stubble. Its what I have been told to watch out for with my implant. I will be asking for the next size up at my next appointment as this one hasn't helped as much as previous ones had.
50 posts Page 3 of 4