The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

4 posts Page 1 of 1
milk allergy
26 Jan 2015, 09:05
During my 5 :2 diet journey and after losing 10 kgs , back down to my ideal weight! and clothes look good again ! I discovered I had a milk allergy. This came about because on my fast days I drank black coffee an herbal tea without milk . I have always drunk a lot of milk since I was a child . I have also suffered fromm allergic rhinitis and had a asthma in a mild form . Since cutting out the milk intake I noticed I didnt need to use my inhalors. After reaching my weight target I started drinking milk in my coffee . I do prefer the taste. I started to need my inhalors again ! I stopped using milk straight away and I am off my inhalors and anti histamines again . I cant'believe that I could have had an allergy to milk all my life. I have just turned 60 . If it hadn't been for the fast days and cutting out the milk in hot beverages I wouldnt'have discovered the allergy. It will be quite hard drinking black coffee all the time , but I am now experimenting to find the best flavour to drink without milk. A big thank you to the 5:2 diet .
Re: milk allergy
26 Jan 2015, 10:43
Fascinating! I think that several people have also discovered a wheat allergy in the same way.

How wonderful for you to have found an answer after all this time!
26 Jan 2015, 12:24
They don't taste quite the same but you could try a nut milk or soya maybe. Better in coffee than tea I think
26 Jan 2015, 18:15
Hello, @constantgardener, congratulations on your weight loss. :star: :star: :star: It could be that your allergy is to the lactose in milk, as this seems to be a major contributor to dairy intolerance. There are a number of lactose-free milk products available and it may be worth you trying them, especially if you really miss the taste of fresh milk. I googled it for you and below is one of many links I found. I'm sure that you will find plenty of others. Hope it helps.

http://www.lactofree.co.uk/products/dairy-drink/
4 posts Page 1 of 1