The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Noise etc
05 Jan 2014, 12:11
I don't know if this fits in here...

Since I left the factory work I have had problems with noise. There seem to be a stress trigger there.

I was getting VERY tired over Christmas. NYE morning I met up with a group (some of the relate confidence building group ironically.... a few of us decided to meet for coffee).

Unfortunately the cafe wasn't as quiet as normal which made conversation difficult. The rest of the day I felt progessively worse and I saw the new year in lying on my bed.

The last couple of days I've been getting on quite normallly so I'm not sure.

Is this a hangover from work related issues or could the diet proceedure be having a hand? One of the group suggested iron def but I 've had a blood test recently.

Thoughts please?

David
Re: Noise etc
05 Jan 2014, 13:08
David can't comment on the noise but about the very tired just before Christmas I was exhausted. It reminded me of when I was doing Atkins and low carbing fatigue. So I tucked into bread and within a day I was much better. I usually am really tired at the end of a busy year anyway with Christmas rush and preparations

I am reading up on my vitamins and just reviewing when I might be in deficit without the wheat and low carbing and biotin might be my need. I do feel we need to work harder at making sure our non fast days are the best nutrition we can give our body.

Others will be along but there are my 2 cents worth, and I hope you feel better soon. Groups sounds a good thing
05 Jan 2014, 13:21
Hi David,

I cannot help with the noise issue but as@gillymary says it may be due to post Christmas fatigue. I was always of the opinion that we don't need extra or supplementary vitamins ( don't you just love the know-all attitude of the young? ) but now that I am not quite as young as I used to be :shock: :lol: I do wonder if we perhaps don't utilise them as efficiently as we used to and I am now on a raft of extras. I am taking zinc and biotin for my hair, magnesium for my leg cramps and vitD3 for lack of sleep so I no longer have time or room in my stomach for food :lol: which is helping to keep my weight stable.

Hope you feel better soon and happy new year,

Ballerina x :heart:
05 Jan 2014, 13:38
Eek @Ballerina now there is a problem. Eat woman you must eat. I do understand am heading off for some Biotin which helps with fatigue and the magnesium is near the kettle if I feel crampy.
05 Jan 2014, 13:40
If the noise is causing you stress look up 'Auditory Processing Disorder' it may explain a bit. My youngest son has it and so do I to a lesser extent. My daughter has a variant of it whereby certain noises can aggravate her into a murderous rage, its called Misophonia.
05 Jan 2014, 14:04
When I really and truly burned out 13 years ago all sensory things like sight, sound and smell was almost unbearable. Had to floe my eyes when there was much traffic, couldn't concentrate enough but to read but the headlines in the paper and sound.....could not stand listening to music (now that was shitty), my kids was small so their screaming almost tore me apart....and absolutely no cafés or restaurants.

Just had to cope, no other options. All I can say is that it got better over time and today I can even go concerts and turn up the stereo loudly :) Ha, I can even read a book while oldest son played on his PS3 in the living room with the surround system on :)

Have had no occurrences connected to 5:2.
05 Jan 2014, 14:55
Hi David,

I found this article about sensitivity to noise.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... e_to_sound

I hope it has some useful info for you. I'm very aware of this problem for older folks like OH (age 80) and me (age 72), especially since a wedding a year ago when we had to leave the room when the band started up. We were joined by my nephew (age 60). The three of us spent the rest of the evening in the lobby--and he was the father of the groom!

You younger folks might have some problem that could be helped--maybe a visit to your doc would be a good idea.

Good luck! :clover:
05 Jan 2014, 15:56
Thanks for the replies all.

Food for thought.

I think the docs have seen enough of me. If it carries on I'll have to think again.
05 Jan 2014, 16:21
Wolfie wrote: When I really and truly burned out 13 years ago all sensory things like sight, sound and smell was almost unbearable. Had to floe my eyes when there was much traffic, couldn't concentrate enough but to read but the headlines in the paper and sound.....could not stand listening to music (now that was shitty), my kids was small so their screaming almost tore me apart....and absolutely no cafés or restaurants.

This is extremely interesting Wolfie. My husband left a horribly stressful job 5 years ago and suffered a lot with sensitivity to noise, perfumes and UV light. He constantly complained how bright the daylight was when I just thought it was a usual grey day. Noise in cafes and restaurants were particularly troubling but the worst was perfume/aftershave. He could not bear it. He's a lot better now and thankfully I can (just about) wear perfume again.
05 Jan 2014, 23:39
Wolfie wrote: When I really and truly burned out 13 years ago all sensory things like sight, sound and smell was almost unbearable. Had to floe my eyes when there was much traffic, couldn't concentrate enough but to read but the headlines in the paper and sound.....could not stand listening to music (now that was shitty), my kids was small so their screaming almost tore me apart....and absolutely no cafés or restaurants.

Just had to cope, no other options. All I can say is that it got better over time and today I can even go concerts and turn up the stereo loudly :) Ha, I can even read a book while oldest son played on his PS3 in the living room with the surround system on :)

Have had no occurrences connected to 5:2.

This does all sound pretty familiar.

Thanks for sharing.

:like:
06 Jan 2014, 18:41
Talking to the Community officer where I've been going for computing, she has given me a telephone number for cognitive something or other therapy. "CRT" I think.

Janet is pretty clued up and what she was saying seemed to tick a lot of boxes.

Does this sound the right avenue? It's free!!
06 Jan 2014, 18:48
That'll be CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy , David. Very useful at giving you the tools to deal with any stressful situation so I'd say give it a try.
06 Jan 2014, 19:54
callyanna wrote: That'll be CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy , David. Very useful at giving you the tools to deal with any stressful situation so I'd say give it a try.

CBT works fort that, but if you are stressed/burned out it's important to find out/understand why you ended up there. That's a platform to try to avoid the to happen in the future. Say she who got burned out twice ;o Never again. Me I tried to be the best of everything :curse:
06 Jan 2014, 21:21
Wolfie wrote:
callyanna wrote: That'll be CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy , David. Very useful at giving you the tools to deal with any stressful situation so I'd say give it a try.

CBT works fort that, but if you are stressed/burned out it's important to find out/understand why you ended up there.

Good question....

Cos I felt I didn't have any option(s)

Wolfie wrote: That's a platform to try to avoid the to happen in the future. Say she who got burned out twice ;o Never again. Me I tried to be the best of everything :curse:

I'm certainly not looking for it.

:like:
07 Jan 2014, 13:58
David F wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

CBT works fort that, but if you are stressed/burned out it's important to find out/understand why you ended up there.

Good question....

Cos I felt I didn't have any option(s)

Wolfie wrote: That's a platform to try to avoid the to happen in the future. Say she who got burned out twice ;o Never again. Me I tried to be the best of everything :curse:

I'm certainly not looking for it. :like:

Nobody is, it just happens. But if you learn to recognize the signals, you can at least try to not fall into that pit in the future :)
15 posts Page 1 of 1