The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I see in Dr Moseleys book, (page 66) that it gives the values for the following;

Recommended
Fasting Glucose 3.9 – 5.8
Triglycerides <2.3
HDL Chlosterol 0.9 – 2.5
LDL Chlosterol 3.0 max

These values are for a man - do they alter for a woman?, I had my bloods done yesterday at my local GP and my wife already has hers so we would be interested in keeping track of this.

regards

GLF
Good question. I've never seen any differentiation between men and women in terms of targets for blood glucose.

Heart risk charts are different for men and women based on total to HDL cholesterol ratios http://heartuk.org.uk/health-profession ... isk-charts
I don't think so. I've written a lot of stuff about diabetes for my work and don't remember ever having seen different target values for men and women.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Similar Topics

Who is online