The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Blood Pressure Improvement
17 Jul 2013, 20:05
yes, you should always discard the first reading...the doctor should too! Then take it twice more...or more if the readings aren't stable. You should also make sure you're taking it correctly: sitting back supported, feet flat on the floor, no talking, monitor level with your heart, room temperature comfortable, rested for at least 5 min, no exercise, food or coffee beforehand. Best take it 30 min after getting up in the morning.
18 Jul 2013, 10:55
So I waslked into the dr's office. Sat there told him about my hogh readings. He said I was too young to have such a high reading 169/120. Took a measurement and said ok its very high and put me on medication. This is the funny part if you ask me. I asked for a one day mc and he gave me until next friday. I was like ok. Now it means I am having my vacation extended for a week. I had one more working week before I start my second part summer vacation. If he extends my medical leave it means those days that I was suppose to be on leave just gets pushed to another date.

I already do all what is asked in health wise. So now it means I will start on Jillian Micheals shred cut down even more on meat and heal my body. Wish me luck people!!
18 Jul 2013, 11:01
Hmm, I'd be asking why it is so high rather than just putting you on medications. Is the doc aiming to follow up when your stress levels come down at bit? I think you should also have ambulatory BP monitoring as it is very likely that after the shock of the high reading you would be tense about the doctor visit which would give you an artificially high reading. Having readings taken regularly during the day will give a better idea of what your blood pressure really is.

Lots of medical folk don't measure BP correctly. I hope when you say the doc took one measurement that it was actually two or three measurements? Current guidelines on BP measurement say that the first reading should be discarded. Were the other things I mentioned in my post above correct? The guidelines also say that medication should not be started based on a single reading.

Hopefully another week off work will relieve the stress and your BP will come down. :clover:
18 Jul 2013, 11:21
My normal gp is on vacation and this one was my old one. I have taken a blood test and will be doing a close monitoring at home and basically do all I can humanely possible to turn this situation around. It may be genetics too since both grandparents died at 60+ of heart problems and various things. I am more determined to fast and heal my body.

I am taking this as my body telling me it does not like the stress it has been through and I need a zen like environment at home. Hubby will be given a talk to about how he can help me in my journey.

If all else fail I will make an appointment with thw othee gp who is both holostic ans is a real doctor. A visit with him means a long conversation about me and what brigs me there..
19 posts Page 2 of 2