The FastDay Forum

Monthly Weigh-Ins

38 posts Page 1 of 3
Final 2013 weigh in results
02 Jan 2014, 15:04
Thanks to all who posted their progress :like: . I can now reveal the results for December's weigh-in and for the whole of 2013!

December weigh-in:
Total loss by those who posted their stats in the weigh-in thread: 71.89 kg of weight lost and 55.69 cm off our collective waists!
The average weight lost during November was 1.5 kg and a 1.6 cm loss from the waistline.
Biggest losers: @chickvic for weight lost (5.9 kg) and @Brackenfor waistline reduction (8.89 cm)

Results for 2013 overall:
Total loss for those who posted their stats: 1098kg!!!! and a collective waist reduction of 762cm!!
The average loss for 2013 was 12.62kg.
I tried to work out how long each of the thread contributors were following 5:2, but as not everyone gave me their figures and because many people reached maintenance and so for some of those weeks they weren't trying to lose weight the average figure I got of 31 weeks (making the average weight loss per week of 0.39 kg) is not a true reflection of the average speed of weightloss.

There were two spectacularly big losers during 2013: @chickvic and @Manderley who have both lost 41 kg!!! Honourable mentions should go to @cherylhead (39 kg) and @pist1958(32 kg)
The biggest reduction in waistline was by @Chris P (30.5 cm)

Of course, it's not really about how much you lose but about how 5:2 changes your life for the better, and reading through all the posts I was struck by how just about everyone commented on their happiness with the new lifestyle and how it has improved their lives :heart: . So, many, many congratulations to all of you and here's to an equally (if not more) successful 2014!
Re: Final 2013 weigh in results
02 Jan 2014, 15:07
WOW - over one tonne weight gone and over three quarters of a kilometer off waists!

That is truly amazing. Aren't we all doing well!
Many thanks Caroline for doing all the sums
02 Jan 2014, 15:09
Wow! what amazing figures :grin: :razz: and some spectacular results!
Thanks so much Caroline for all your hard work in encouraging everyone and collating all these results. :like: :like:
02 Jan 2014, 15:10
Congratulations to everybody!
Thank you Caroline for doing the hard sums.
It's AWE inspiring stuff!
Wow! :heart:
02 Jan 2014, 15:11
Forgot to say: if you want to see the excel file with the collated results it's here.
02 Jan 2014, 15:43
Argh, I have missed the 2013 sum-up! It would have been 1106 kg total loss :) but 1098 isn't less impressive ;) Congratulations to us all on finding a life-style and weight management program that actually works and makes us happy on many levels! :)
02 Jan 2014, 17:26
Thanks @carorees for all your work! I like the facts and figures :geek: I particularly like my figure - since finding this WOE it's looking rather impressive as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
02 Jan 2014, 18:01
I'd just like to say thanks to all the mods on this forum - tbh without the help and info gained from here (and the fabulous Progress Tracker!) I'd have found it so much more difficult to stick to - I often look at the phenomenal amounts some people have lost and it is a real motivator. Cheers!
02 Jan 2014, 19:07
Thank you Caroline for collating the figures & all your hard work during 2013. :star: :star: The weight losses are impressive but so is the impact worldwide this forum & 5:2 has had. :like:
02 Jan 2014, 21:32
Thanks for all the work. It's nice to be a member of this community of losers
03 Jan 2014, 10:03
janeg wrote: WOW - over one tonne weight gone and over three quarters of a kilometer off waists!

That is truly amazing. Aren't we all doing well!
Many thanks Caroline for doing all the sums

Just a minor point, we lost 762cm off our collective waists i.e. 7.62 metres. There are 100cm in a metre (or meter for our US friends).

It's still an amazing result for a year of weight loss where for the most part it really isn't that hard. Yeah, we all have hard (and easier) fast days but really I can see myself doing this in the years to come.
03 Jan 2014, 22:53
Wowee! How fabulous! And it's free!!! Thank you so much Caroline, Moogie and all our wonderful mods and members. You make me smile everyday. :smile:
:heart: xxx julianna
03 Jan 2014, 23:01
I'd like to add my thanks to you, Caroline, and to Moogie and to all the mods and people who help run this site. The results are fantastic, but the sense of community and support is really wonderful. I am so happy to be a tiny part of this. Thank you x
03 Jan 2014, 23:34
Wow! Thank you Carorees for the stats. All I can say is that this WOE/WOL really rocks! :heart: :victory: :heart:
04 Jan 2014, 03:35
How fabulous is that! :like: Thanks for putting it all together for us Caroline, yet again. :heart:
38 posts Page 1 of 3