The FastDay Forum

Monthly Weigh-Ins

38 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: July weigh-in results!!!
09 Jul 2013, 23:48
I second the suggestion to make it more prominent. I'm relatively new and had to dig around a little to find it.
10 Jul 2013, 03:28
I found it challenging to post as well since we needed to do the conversion. A bit comical but I went to my tracker, snapped a picture with my phone of my weigh in stats. Then I copied/pasted 3 of the conversion tables you posted into a reply email. Then I arrowed over to replace the x an y in each of the formulas with data from the photo in my phone and added titles for Jun, Jul, and Start, Then I had to do the loss calculations for the month and since the beginning.

This was after 4 times trying to go back and forth trying to figure it out. So not an easy process but wanted to do my part in participating.
11 Jul 2013, 07:43
Thanks Caroline for the stats. It was my first time being part of this. I am sure that many folks are away on holiday now and the figures may be a bit 'all over the place' for the next two weigh ins because of this.
I find the tracker is quite a good motivator - if others can loose that, then so can I!
12 Jul 2013, 05:54
Hi Caroline, I am also one of those who thought you got the info from the tracker. Is that not possible to do, as someone else asked? Am I right in thinking that we are meant to post the details on the thread? I don't think it was made that clear, or I probably just missed the info, as several others may have done. I don't think we are losing interest, just misunderstanding what we are meant to do. Thanks for all your hard work, it really is appreciated.
12 Jul 2013, 09:38
For those who find converting pounds into kilos (or any other unit conversion) tricky Uncle Google can be of some help: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kilos ... e&ie=UTF-8

Caroline, thanks for putting your hours into this!
12 Jul 2013, 10:10
I can ask @Moogie if it's possible to do the stats via the progress tracker, but I think the benefit of the weigh in is to announce one's weight/waist loss/maintenance etc publicly is it not? But if the stats were obtained from the tracker would people still want to post their progress in a monthly weigh-in thread? What do the people who post feel that the benefit of having the weigh-in is? Originally, we held a forum-wide poll to see if a weigh-in would be a good feature and got a positive response, but perhaps things have evolved?

Let's see if getting the stats from the progress tracker is possible first, and then think about how the weigh-in might work in future...
12 Jul 2013, 10:30
It's certainly possible to get the data from the tracker, it's just finding the time to set it all up :) I do think it's nice having the thread for folks to post their info in though - nice to announce the success and be accountable to someone.

I've not contributed to the stats in the last couple of months due to a regain on holiday which took several weeks to shift, and then this last month I've sort of plateaued so nothing really to report!
12 Jul 2013, 12:34
I'm not here very often now but thought it would add to your stats for you to know that I hit my "target" of 9 stone in December
had slight hiccups in the holidays but got back to 9 stone just after Easter
and have now - not quite sure how - dropped to 8 st 6
and feel GREAT
12 Jul 2013, 12:46
It is encouraging to see totals!
12 Jul 2013, 16:35
carorees wrote: I can ask @Moogie if it's possible to do the stats via the progress tracker, but I think the benefit of the weigh in is to announce one's weight/waist loss/maintenance etc publicly is it not? But if the stats were obtained from the tracker would people still want to post their progress in a monthly weigh-in thread? What do the people who post feel that the benefit of having the weigh-in is?

I like the montly weigh in and was looking forward to having been on the diet for a full calendar month so I could participate. It's gives me a sense of community and a sense of accomplishment and celebration for all of us.

I don't see the point of getting the stats off the tracker, since I can easily go look at the tracker myself, and in fact frequently do.
12 Jul 2013, 16:54
I think posting our monthly changes is beneficial, many times you look at the tracker and think "oh I'm not losing!" but when you actually post the change from the beginning of the month to the end you see that you actually DID lose and more than you thought.

I agree that it should be more prominent, I did have to hunt around a bit to find the thread.
12 Jul 2013, 17:05
I agree posting our monthly weight losses is beneficial and I certainly don't mind doing it. I was only pointing out that I had misunderstood that this was what I had to do. (Very slow on the uptake) computers are very late comers into my life. I still have trouble switching my Children's TVs on. I need the toddler Grandchildren to help me.
13 Jul 2013, 03:07
I am another who thought the results came directly from the tracker stats. Ass-u-me in action! However I will gladly record next time on the weigh-in thread.
Thanks for all your time and dedication Carorees. And Moogie too.
Cheers
13 Jul 2013, 06:54
There are obviously a few members out there who like the monthly weigh in thread but I am really wondering what added value this gives in addition to the forum stats? There are nearly 5000 members who are using the progress tracker yet only 80 odd people have posted here, plus a few more who didn't know about it.

I think if people want to announce how much they've lost over the month then fine but I'm not sure whether it's worth doing much with the data.

I'm just thinking it must be a lot of work for you Caroline? Were most of the people who posted this month more recent starters or 'old timers'? Because if it's the former then it's not really giving a realistic view anyway.

Sorry I have to hold my hand up and say I've not posted on this thread for the past few months due to sheer laziness :oops:
14 Jul 2013, 21:57
I also assumed it went off our trackers. I clearly have no idea how much work goes into this site behind the scenes. I lost most of my weight early on, then stalled for ages. Just curious to see if others are the same. But how on earth would that be analysed?
38 posts Page 2 of 3