The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

44 posts Page 1 of 3
Errors when posting
11 Oct 2013, 15:52
Hi all,

Sorry about the spell of downtime we had last night, not quite sure what caused it but I couldn't get the database server to restart and had to wait for our host to kindly do it for us.

Since then there seems to be an intermittent fault which makes is appear as though a post hasn't been successful -when in fact the post has indeed gone through, it's just not telling you that.

I can't find any reason for this as it has started seemingly out of the blue, with no changes to the forum in the last couple of days. I've had to refer this problem to the host and hope they can figure out what's causing it.

Meanwhile please try not to reload the page when you make a post and get a blank screen/internal server error - your post should still have gone through and reloading will cause a duplicate.

Hope to have this issue resolved ASAP. Bit of a nuisance really as there are some patches for the forum software which I need to apply and am best doing so on a quiet night - like a Friday night. However I'm loathe to change anything until this fault is resolved.
Re: Errors when posting
11 Oct 2013, 15:55
I have been using the back button on my PC to check if my posts have gone. I thought it was my PC, I was going to scan for nasties. :oops:

Chris x
11 Oct 2013, 15:56
Ah, that explains a lot, thanks Moogie

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Oct 2013, 15:59
And it is still misbehaving

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Oct 2013, 15:59
Yes I wondered about this. I have just been opening a new window, rather than using the back button.

(Yes it is, Ballerina!)
11 Oct 2013, 16:01
Thanks moogie knew yesterday's probs wasn't me but did think today's posting problems were mine & Andy Android was almost back in his box to be returned. Thanks Sue :heart:

Yes still doing it !!!
11 Oct 2013, 16:04
Thanks for letting us know Moogie. I thought last night you were just doing maintenance. I said 'Oh isn't it good they're doing the maintenance when Dr M is on the TV, keeping us all busy'. hope you can sort it without too much trouble :) I'm using back button too (now). :)
Dee
11 Oct 2013, 16:58
Thanks for letting us know Moogie that explains why I couldn't log in last night. Sorry but I have added a reply to another thread twice before reading this thread!
11 Oct 2013, 19:02
When I hit the back button from the blank screen I now get after posting, I'm asked if I still want to post after reading the new reply (which is mine). So I respond "save as draft", because there doesn't seem to be any "discard post" button, which is what I really need since the post is there already.

Does that make sense?
11 Oct 2013, 22:25
ahh i thought it was me too. i have this ask search thing taken over my firefox browser and thought it was related.

i hate computers and i work with computers for my business so grrrrr

hope it all gets better.

i find after posting i just open a new tab and go back to home page and post is always there
12 Oct 2013, 05:11
Is the problem fixed now? Host thinks it should be!
12 Oct 2013, 05:15
Hmm, doesn't look like it :(
12 Oct 2013, 06:04
I meant to post on the issue but thought it might be my iPad, thanks hope it is easy to fix for you Moogie
12 Oct 2013, 07:19
Still getting intermittent blank screen after posting. It's as though it is stuck.the back arrow takes me it of it and when I check, the reply has been posted.
Sorry to have caused such a mess the other night! The posts were going mental and I kept getting kicked off in meltdown, not being able to get back on and then it was bed time. Thanks betsysgr8 for clearing up my mess !
12 Oct 2013, 10:06
Does seem to be still there, just as janeg has said ... :bugeyes:

Best way of coping for the mo seems to be to open another window ...
44 posts Page 1 of 3