The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

51 posts Page 3 of 4
Hi @moogiex can anything be done to make the automatic log in work..no matter how many times i tick " log me in automatically,i find i have to log in again whenever i pop back xx
Hmm, it's working for me on all my devices, I can't replicate the problem :( Are you blocking cookies for this site?
@CandiceMarie which login form are you using? Maybe there's a problem with one of them, if it works on some but not others?

First, we have a login popup if you click the orange 'user' icon in the top right of the site, which has the 'remember me' box. Technically this is two different forms depending on whether you're on www.fastday.com or forum.fastday.com

Then there's the login pop up on the righthand 'login' menu (or menu towards the middle left of the page, on mobile), with the 'Log me on automatically each visit' box I added recently.

There's the quick login box along the top of the middle area of the site, which doesn't have the option for staying logged in.

And finally there's the login box which appears in the middle of the screen when you try to do something that requires you to be logged in (this is the one with the big red button for if you've forgotten your password).

Can you let me know please which one you're using - and if any of the others work for you to keep you logged in?
I have the same issue Moogie, so I will get back to you with which login button I use. I am mostly on my iPad. I Have tried to block cookies and got stuck over it, rather ignorant......
Hi Moogie i use the login on top right hand side with the log me in automatically box. X
Will try the others and let you know x
Katharina wrote: I have the same issue Moogie, so I will get back to you with which login button I use. I am mostly on my iPad. I Have tried to block cookies and got stuck over it, rather ignorant......

@Katharina just to clarify, if you block cookies, you won't stay logged in. I was asking in order to check that cookies aren't being blocked :)

@CandiceMarie I think you mean the one which says 'login' on it, on the right hand side, rather than the one in the very top right corner of the site (next to the search box, on desktop view) which is just a little orange square with a user icon, rather than any words on it? Let me know how you get on with the other login boxes.
Yes the one i usually use is the right hand one with an anonymous head and neck pic but not the tinyteeny one with the avatar pic right at the top..i never click log out but i get logged out
I tried the one with the big button but thatdidnt keep me logged in either
I havent seen a remember me box anywhere. I'm on forum.fastday.com not www.fastday..xx
Can you try the one at the top (the one that becomes your avatar when logged in) and see what happens?

Try logging out, and logging back in again, with the 'remember me' (from the above option) ticked. Maybe there's something odd with your cookie and if you actually choose to log out and then log back in with the box ticked, it might work!
I've done what you said @moogie will be back tomorrow to see if i'm still logged in! X
Waaaaarrrghhhhhh logged out again! :confused:
Maybe i'lll just have to live with it! X
That's so odd :( it does sound like your device isn't accepting the cookie for some reason. I'll see what else I can find out.
Do you have another browser or another device you can try?

Also, try using the 'delete all board cookies' link at the bottom of the forum (in the green bar), then close your browser, re open it and login again with the box to stay logged in ticked. This may help sort your cookie out.

Failing that I can try changing a setting to do with the cookies, but it will mean everyone gets logged out so I'd prefer to give fair warning before doing that!
I did all that you said Moogie ..will see what happens! X
Hiiiii @moogieJust popped by and lo and behold! Am still logged in from last night!
So it looks like everything is tickety boo right now...hoorah!! :like: :like: :like: xx
Oh that's brilliant, @CandiceMarie! I'm so pleased that worked for you! Excellent!
Thank you so much for your patience throughout xx
Has the "View my posts" disappeared on the right hand side bar? It was always the first thing i looked at.
51 posts Page 3 of 4