The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

51 posts Page 1 of 4
Apologies that this afternoon's update took a little longer than anticipated, due to some technical issues!

While I'm not 100% sure the update went entirely according to plan, I know enough of it worked that the forum is now prepared for the revamped version to go live soon!

Meanwhile, if you encounter any forum errors in the next day or two which weren't happening previously, do let us know and we'll get on the case as soon as possible.

Original post: Brief downtime scheduled for Friday August 19th
Hi all,

As you probably know, we are in the process of revamping the FastDay site & forum - and it's almost ready to go live!

Ahead of this, I need to run some updates on the forum software to ensure that when we go live, everything is copied over correctly. This unfortunately means a brief spell of downtime at the forum.

I intend to do the update on Friday afternoon as it's generally not too busy here then. I estimate that it should take no more than 45 minutes, unless we hit a snag! It all went smoothly on our development copy of the site so my fingers are firmly crossed that it will go off without a hitch here too.

I'll be aiming to do the update at around 3pm and it will be put in maintenance mode during the update. Apologies if I need to do it a little earlier or later in the day at short notice, it depends a bit on my workload!

Note that Friday's update is not a cosmetic one, nor anything you should really notice - just a software update. The new site should be going live very soon though!

Thanks for bearing with us and for your continued support :)
FWIW the forum is loading INCREDIBLY slowly. Like after a minute of trying to load this page, I just went and did other stuff. Finally it showed as loaded.

It's just this site. Everything else seems to be working normally on my computer (google Chrome on a laptop with 3ombps internet).
Thanks Tracie, I think there may be some server issues this morning as I couldn't get on earlier. I don't think it's related to the update as everything was ok last night. If the speed issue doesn't right itself soon, I'll see if any of the tech team can look at it over the weekend.
HI @moogie took ages to log in ( and i hadnt even logged out myself, but been logged out :confused: )
Tried several times with nothing happening,gave up,came back two hrs later and logged in easily x
Sorry for the troubles today, it was actually unrelated to yesterday's update, instead it was the same login related issue we had a month or so ago. Paul has sorted it out for us thankfully.
When we swap to the new look forum (soon!), the login system should behave rather better.
No trouble getting on with new password from your email. Now how do I change it?
I like the new look. :like:
Nevermind - I reread the email and successfully changed password. When in doubt, read the directions. ;)
Hi @Moogie just letting you know I can't see who thanks who, doesn't drop down. Also when I edited the first post on a thread I had to write the subject (thread name) in again or it wouldn't let me submit. Thanks for all the work, I'm loving the new look.
Dear @moogie

I cleared my cookies as suggested but still - problems!

Managed to log in with a code i sent for just now,as my own password wasnt accepted yet again.

( the other day it wdnt even accept the code i was sent for the second time that my password wasnt accepted!)

The one time before that,the code worked ( have had to send for codes 3 times altogether) BUT
i got logged out tho i had clicked stay logged in

Fingers crossed i stay logged in this time til i can go and change to a new password!

Ps been to change code to new password...cannot do it as yet again,will not accept my old password, because to change to new password,you have to submit old password....

I' m pretty sure what my old password is and i feel like i am going mad!
XX
@CandiceMarie I think you'll find the new code you were sent is your new password, so when prompted to enter your old password (for purposes of setting a new password) try entering the code you were sent. Sorry you've had these problems, I'm sure once you've updated your password all will be fine, but if not do email me and I'll try to help some more xx
justdee wrote: Hi @Moogie just letting you know I can't see who thanks who, doesn't drop down. Also when I edited the first post on a thread I had to write the subject (thread name) in again or it wouldn't let me submit. Thanks for all the work, I'm loving the new look.

Thanks for this, will look into it asap!
Thanks @moogie Cautiously optimistic that has done the trick! :like: x
I tend to leave myself logged into the forum at home. I am finding that each time I come back I have been logged out. This is not a huge problem as my computer 'remembers' me so it is only a couple of clicks to log in again but it is a change.
If you tick the 'remember me' box when you log in it should keep you logged in. It's working fine for me and I've not heard any other reports of this problem. Are you defo ticking that box? Do you have any other devices you can try it out on? Xx
I haven't managed to find the 'remember me' box and it keeps logging me out also.
51 posts Page 1 of 4