The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

28 posts Page 1 of 2
New server ordered :)
29 Apr 2013, 09:35
Well, I've come to an agreement with my host about a new server and have now placed the order :)

So, we should be on a faster box before too long, and hopefully we won't be seeing any more 'resource limit reached' errors.

I may have to close the forum down for a day while the server move happens, but it will still be accessible to read the contents. I'm hoping to be able to do the move on Friday or Saturday, which tend to be a bit quieter here.
Re: New server ordered :)
29 Apr 2013, 09:44
oooh, is this exciting? Sounds as though it should be. Forum needing to shut for a day? *sucks in through the teeth* this could cause anxiety to forum addicts ...
and then we'll be back bigger and better - Yes?
we'll cope
it'll be fine
*looks for breathing exercises*
29 Apr 2013, 09:45
Excellent news, Moogie. And, thanks for everything - all that you do is greatly appreciated.
29 Apr 2013, 09:48
Well done, Moogie! The success of this forum is a testament to your hard work, plus all the other moderators as well, of course. We seem to be making more and more work for you! Personally, I am very grateful to all of you for developing such a useful and friendly forum and I have a suspicion that I am not alone in feeling that way! Many, many thanks for all you do!
29 Apr 2013, 11:29
Moogie wrote: Well, I've come to an agreement with my host about a new server and have now placed the order :)

So, we should be on a faster box before too long, and hopefully we won't be seeing any more 'resource limit reached' errors.

Hurrah for that! It should see us through quite a bit of further expansion I hope!

Moogie wrote: I may have to close the forum down for a day while the server move happens, but it will still be accessible to read the contents. I'm hoping to be able to do the move on Friday or Saturday, which tend to be a bit quieter here.

A day? A whole day? OMG!!! Feeling a bit faint already at the idea! :bugeyes: :cry:
29 Apr 2013, 11:33
Thankfully there is at least one higher level option to upgrade to on the VPS we're moving to - and if we get too much for that, well then we're into dedicated server territory!

Here's hoping to keep the downtime to a minimum!
29 Apr 2013, 11:39
Well the thought of no forum for a whole day has got me in a froth and searching for a paper bag to breath into! Still, I couldn't get on for ages last week as it kept coming up with the resorce limit message so I shall just retire into a corner and do some yoga! Better not fast on the down day! :lol:
29 Apr 2013, 12:48
miffy49 wrote: Better not fast on the down day! :lol:

Good point!
29 Apr 2013, 12:48
Hence my aim to do this on a less popular fasting day!
29 Apr 2013, 12:59
Good plan moogie, we don't want server issues deterring new members when a rival forum is in the offing ;-)

Thanks for all you do here x
29 Apr 2013, 13:19
:shock: OMG - no forum !!!
Moogie wrote: Hence my aim to do this on a less popular fasting day!

What a gal you are :lol: Ever thoughtful - thank you x
29 Apr 2013, 13:29
Thanks Moogie! This forum is a wonderful place and we appreciate all the work you put into it!
29 Apr 2013, 16:27
Thank you so much for everything you do for us!!! I'm sure we'll manage during the swapover :-)
29 Apr 2013, 18:59
Fantastic news Moogie!! I do love a new faster server.

Shame you don't get to unpack it and get that lovely new electronics smell... :heart:

(OK, I'm wierd...I'll go and take a :pill: )
04 May 2013, 14:26
The new server is ready! Guess now is as good a time as any to go ahead with the move, so will be disabling this place in a moment!
28 posts Page 1 of 2