The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

96 posts Page 7 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
How about a forum for Yanks doing the 5:2? Not trying to separate us out for other than practical purposes (stones are things we use to pave a road, metrics are a foreign language, and a lot of the foods people mention have different names/brands in USA). What do you think? Just a thought that might be useful and popular with those on the other side of the pond.
I would love to be able to reply to an individual post, and to have a " you have 1 unread post"
notification if you understand what I mean.
I do reply to individual posts, but never know if the recipient has read it or not or if they responded.
I know it can be done, but often it's too laborious to go through every post that you've sent, especially if you reply to a few which I do.
I love the forum, and gain so much from it. Thank you x
Dear Moogie

I'm a fairly new 5:2'er, so apologies if this has been suggested before.

I was wondering if there could be a different thread for each newbie week? That way all of those starting the diet in the same week could 'get to know' each other and regularly update how they are getting on. It may even be possible to have a spreadsheet on the first page where we could compare weight/measurement loss (if we wanted to), that could be a great encouragement??????

AJ :?:
Welcome to the forums, AJ!

I do really like the idea of a newbie thread for each week. You are certainly welcome to go create one right now! You could entitle it "Who is new this week - May 20?" Or, 20 May if you are European :-)

I'm pretty sure you are right and it would prove to be a popular thread :-)
By all means create a 'new this week' thread in the newbie forum :) As Tracie said, it will surely be popular!

Regarding regional forums, eg for the US, Aus, Europe etc... not sure this kind of segregation is really necessary but thanks for the suggestion. The problem is if we have a few regional forums, we'll end up with topic clutter again as questions get asked there which 'belong' in a different forum. Suddenly we'll have a whole bunch of overly multi-purpose forums again.... unless we create several forums for each region to divide things out better, but then that seems like too much duplication. If there's a lot of demand for region boards then of course I'll reconsider :)

Bellalou - unfortunately that's not possible on phpBB. I had considered buying a different forum system with those sort of features & notifications but folks seemed keen to stick with what we have. Hopefully in future phpbb releases there'll be more notification options. Personally I'm not keen on threads within threads (eg replying to individual posts) as I find it makes this confusing and cluttered - but maybe I'm just so used to phpBB and using the 'quote' option to reply to a particular message!

Going to lock this thread now as it's turning into a general suggestions thread, which we have an entire forum for. Since the topic at hand was about re-categorising things here and this is long done, seems no point in keeping this open.

Feel free to post suggestions in the suggestion box :D
Bellalou wrote: I would love to be able to reply to an individual post, and to have a "you have 1 unread post" notification if you understand what I mean.
I do reply to individual posts, but never know if the recipient has read it or not or if they responded. I know it can be done, but often it's too laborious to go through every post that you've sent, especially if you reply to a few which I do.

I think this one came up before and Moogie feels, and I understand, that it makes topics very untidy if you have lots of little branches going off from different posts. The present structure is clean and simple.

One thing that is incredibly helpful and I didn't discover for ages is the option to view 'first unread post' in a topic. This applies if you are at any of the listings from the left-hand Main Menu (not the home page). First, the big button to the left of each topic is red if there are posts on that topic which you haven't read, and white if not. Second and even better, immediately to the left of each topic title you will normally see a little paper sheet icon - click on this to take you to the first unread post on that topic. It's a great way to catch up on a topic without have to start at the end or the beginning. (Or hold Ctrl and click (if you are using a PC) to open the topic in a new tab.)

Sorry if you already know this, but it saved me a lot of time when I found out!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
96 posts Page 7 of 7