The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

96 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
I like the 'many methods' one.

I wonder about the 5:2 in depth forum. Doesn't M&M's website have an 'in depth' section? Perhaps we should make it different. Also I'm not sure that the progress reports really fit next to the science stuff. Most of the science stuff would really come under discussion and there's a lot of cross over with the health and benefits threads. Also the delighted or disappointed might cross over with the not losing weight bit. Hmm, thinks...

How about something like this:

New to the 5:2 Fast Diet Forum
Introduce Yourself (Say hello and tell us a bit about yourself)
Forum & Progress Tracker Help (Technical hitch? ask here)
Inspirational Stories (This will help you keep on track)
Resources & Links (Videos, calorie counters, useful websites, they're all here)

5:2 Questions & Discussion
5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations (The many methods of fasting)
Delighted or Disappointed? (Not losing weight? Reached a milestone? Post here)
Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness (Gym bunny? Park runner? Walking the dog? Chat about it here)
Benefits & Side Effects (What good/bad changes have you noticed since starting?)
Fasting Today? (Daily threads for those fasting today)
General 5:2 and Fasting Chat (Let's get talking)

5:2 Science
Nerdy News (Spotted some new research? Post it here)
Fasting science (Want to chat about what's going on inside? Post here!)

5:2 In Action
Progress Diaries & Journals (Keep a thread on how you're getting on)
Weight Maintenance (Reached your goal weight? Discuss how to maintain here)

5:2 Food
Fast Day Recipes
5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas
(Recommend a Ready Meal! - maybe a good place for folks to review/suggest calorie counted meals from different shops around the world?)

Off Topic Discussion
Non-Diet Chat
Suggestion Box
Good call on the in-depth part, don't want to look like we're copying anything from the official site.

How about 'Science Corner' or 'The 5:2 Lab'? :)

Is there some way we could think of a heading which could contain the science stuff & progress/maintenance? Just seems a bit of a shame to have 3 categories which only have 2 forums in each.

"Just can't get enough? Even more on 5:2"
"5:2 Life"
"5:2 and beyond"

?
Lol think we need the '5:2 lav' judging by some of the toilet talk :grin:
Haven't really had a chance to fully take in the posts since you put up that recent list, Moogie, but here are some suggestions:
Most of the progress stuff is devoid of any science so I can't see that they fit together at all! But the science would fit under Questions and Discussion as there is a lot of that in there!

I like 5:2 Life, so what do you think of this:

New to the 5:2 Fast Diet Forum
Introduce Yourself (Say hello and tell us a bit about yourself)
Forum & Progress Tracker Help (Technical hitch? ask here)
Inspirational Stories (This will help you keep on track)
Resources & Links (Videos, calorie counters, useful websites, they're all here)

5:2 Life
5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations (The many methods of fasting)
Delighted or Disappointed? (Share your victories and your woes with us)
Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness (Gym bunny? Park runner? Walking the dog? Chat about it here)
Progress Diaries & Journals (Keep a thread on how you're getting on)
Weight Maintenance (Reached your goal weight? Discuss how to maintain here)
Fasting Today? (Daily threads for those fasting today)

5:2 Questions & Discussion
Not losing weight? (See if we can help you past the plateau)
Benefits & Side Effects (What good/bad changes have you noticed since starting?)
The 5:2 Lab (Nerds welcome here!)
General 5:2 and Fasting Chat (Let's get talking)

5:2 Food
Fast Day Recipes
5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas
(Recommend a Ready Meal! - maybe a good place for folks to review/suggest calorie counted meals from different shops around the world?)

Off Topic Discussion
Non-Diet Chat
Suggestion Box

Arrgh! I see dominic has posted while I've been writing this! I love his titles, perhaps we can use his snappy titles with the above structure? Anyway, Moogie, it's up to you in the end as there will always be cross-over between categories so just go with what you fancy! We'll be happy whatever you decide (no, really, we will).
Moogie, did you decide against an area or a forum for unofficial variants such as the 36-hour fast or that even longer one? Or do they just come under general 5:2 chat?
Thanks for all the additional suggestions, I really like how Caroline has categorised things - think we're getting really close now!

I don't think all the forum titles need to be snappy/fun as people won't want to have to read the description below to know what it's about. I think if the snappy title makes it difficult for a newbie to know at a glance what the forum is about then it's probably better using something a bit clearer.

Got a bit of work to do now but hopefully can get these changes in place later today :)

Regarding a forum for discussing alternate methods, I guess that sort of stuff would go in the 5:2 guildines/variants forum? Or general fasting forum? I guess we could look at adding some sub forums to the general fasting one at some point if needed!
A balance between snappy and serious sets the right tone I think...as a forum we are serious about the diet but we are humorous and fun too! Just because a lot of us are nerds does not necessarily mean we have no sense of humour!
I'm not going to be offended if my suggestions aren't used, and I'm sure others won't be either. I was definitely focusing on snappy and fun rather than communicating the message - the bylines would be critical. If we need more informative or serious titles, that's fine by me. Your call, Moogie!
Spent the last few hours shifting topics around into the new categories/forums, but getting there slowly :)

Just occurred to me that there are a lot of topics about fasting in relation to particular conditions - thyroid, diabetes, chronic pain, chronic fatigue, ME etc ... do you think we need a separate forum for these, eg 'Fasting with a Medical Condition' ?
I don't have a medical condition but I can imagine that such a forum would be very useful.
I'm coming across quite a lot of topics which would fit into such a category - as well as less specific conditions we get quite a few topics about fasting when ill, eg colds & flus etc.
Yes, I think that the medical condition would be a good addition.

I was browsing through the new forums (looking great btw) and noticed that there are alot of topics jumbled amongst the "real" "fasting today" threads. I was thinking that perhaps the actual "fasting today" threads should be in their own sub-forum? Or maybe you and the mod's just haven't got there yet.
I love 'Getting Sweaty' as a forum name. Really made me chuckle when I spotted it tonight!
:rainbow: Moogie - I really like the new layout of the forums and the categories make it so much easier to locate the various topics. Thanks for all your hard work.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
96 posts Page 5 of 7