The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

96 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Betsysgr8 wrote: Yes, I think that the medical condition would be a good addition.

I was browsing through the new forums (looking great btw) and noticed that there are alot of topics jumbled amongst the "real" "fasting today" threads. I was thinking that perhaps the actual "fasting today" threads should be in their own sub-forum? Or maybe you and the mod's just haven't got there yet.

Yes, there are still a lot of topics to sort through! Spent about 3 hours moving stuff so far and will continue after masterchef :)
Like it!
Keeping it simple is always the best way.
Have sorted through a another forum or two, but still quite a few to go. Thanks for bearing with me during the reshuffle!
Blimey. Miss a day and probably miss the perfect opportunity to ask for predictive text to be turned off, for swypes to be turned off, for the word lose to be spelled with only one o. Failing all that to at least use the preview button and read properly what is about to be posted.
:sad: :mobile:
Sorry allfrogs, but predictive text & swype settings are something that can't be controlled by the forums - this needs to be set on users' devices.
I'm new here with loads to lose and wondered if there was any call for a 'people with loads to lose' page? It's such a long haul even if you set yourself small targets and with so many people only having a relatively (to me) small amount to go it could be a bit dispiriting - even though I do appreciate that everyone's diet journey is hard work.
What do you think?
Thanks for the suggestion :) At the moment we're trying to avoid much in the way of division/segregation be it by gender/age/size etc. We're all on the same journey and whether we have a lot or a little to lose, we all support & encourage one another! Feel free to start up a topic for folks who have loads to lose - perhaps in the "General 5:2 and Fasting" forum - as I'm sure there are folks who would love to chat about it in a topic, I'm just not sure that it needs an entire forum at the moment, no disrespect to your idea.
dhana wrote: Racking my brains for a way to encourage newbies to publish their stats - Do you think something like Before You Introduce Yourselves, with something extolling the virtues of filling in the tracker right at the start with as much info, especially present weight and measurements, as possible with the proviso of course that this does not have to be made public, but how beneficial this info. is for other forum members. With the speed the site is growing I for one cannot always be bothered to trawl through a lot of earlier posts to find out a more complete picture of their particular history - the tracker is so quick and easy - also, if no info. is forthcoming on stats, please a location? And of course, stats can always be posted for public view later (or withheld). I also agree with Madge's point about the inspirational stories. Keep up the good work, you're doing great! thank you.

Yes I agree with the above beings newbie myself, don't know how the forum works yet and going to start the diet next week, also have just been having a quick look around for recipes for fast days and not yet found them.
Valerie go to the home page and scroll down to the '5:2 Food' section...the recipes are there.
Hi Moogie
Just wondering if there is any chance of a "like" button
Sometimes i really like people's posts and comments, but thanking them seems odd
:)
Lu
Lulabella, thanks for posting, it has made me think!

And I think the 'thanks' (thumbs up) is used far too little (though I know some disagree).

But rather than have a second option for 'like' rather than 'thanks' I think we should change the text of the 'thanks' to say 'thanks / kudos / like it / great / helpful', so it can be used as '+1' and not only as 'thanks'.
I can change Thanks to Like, can't really have both as it would use the same system - not sure how happy that addon would be running in duplicate like that.

Kencc - I actually completely agree on all those points. I spent some hours last night shifting topics around into the new forums and started to think perhaps the categories needed rejigging - but by then was too brain dead to deal with it all. I'd like to go with most of your suggestions if you don't mind :)
Always keen to have a dedicated science section!
Well, for now you've just got a nerd icon to make your corner of the forum stand out ;P
surveys:

Make these easy to find - Maybe as a section?
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
96 posts Page 6 of 7