The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

141 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
Michael & Mimi have opened their official Fast Diet forum:
http://thefastdiet.co.uk/the-fast-diet- ... -now-open/

Looks like they've borrowed a few forum ideas from us, cheeky blighters ;) Good luck to them though! I hope it doesn't become too much of a stressbeast for them to deal with like this place can be at times ;)
Difference is I doubt they will be looking after it, they'll have some minion to do the day to day stuff !

However I don't think it will have much if any impact on this forum, the 5:2 mob here are a real decent bunch and seem very genuine in supporting each other, its a very easy place to drop into :like:

Hopefully your hassle and stress levels will drop the longer the forum runs, its developed into a rather nice 'style' and the trolls and suchlike are being kept at bay :wink:
I definately prefer to stay here I think :D I love the atmosphere too much to go on to another forum :)
Went to have a look but as you can't get a sneaky preview without registering, I'll never know what it is like!
Only thing that I saw that I thought was interesting - before and after photos
I never felt comfortable commenting on the pages. Too many people ready to jump in and be sarcastic. I'd rather be here with the friendly bunch! I will admit to being a bit nosey about it though! Lol As Nog says, I doubt there will be much input from the leaders. No doubt there will be a level of snob value to being part of the real MM forum but thats no good when you need honest to goodness support on a dodgey fast day is it? :grin:
I won't even check it, I don't see a reason to...
Staying right here !!!
Merlin wrote: Went to have a look but as you can't get a sneaky preview without registering, I'll never know what it is like!

You can Merlin, just click on any of the headings in the top bar. You may have been confused by the message showing on the page.

Good luck to Michael and Mimi, I'm sure there's enough people for both forums. I'm happy here, thanks Moogie and all you other wonderful people who keep the forum going. :heart:
I will be staying here with you Moogie and all the other lovely people on this forum
X
miffy49 wrote: No doubt there will be a level of snob value to being part of the real MM forum

I feel that joining the official forum rather than the well established one shows a kind of 'sheep' mentality that assumes the official one is the best!

I've found that in life, the things that grow gradually from the passion of a few dedicated people are generally better than things which are 'manufactured' for a specific reason. The official forum is there to promote Dr. M and Mimi's work, they are running a business after all. Good luck to them, hopefully this WOE will take over the world! This forum is more of the 'organic' kind, and that's my kind of place!

Great picture of you Moogie, BTW.
I agree with you, miffy49, I would rather stay on here because it is so warm and friendly.

I took a look as well, but didn't feel at all comfortable.

I feel as though I have a whole load of new friends, now I have joined this forum.
I agree, I'm staying on here. The organic is usually better & more interesting to be part of than the manufactured.
Being very nosy, however, I'll be having a look around the 'official' forum!!
But I must say I've looked at the official web page from time to time and found it wasn't all that interesting because there didn't seem to be much new content - subjective opinion there, of course. :grin:
I'm literally going to use it to get more traffic to my blog and thats it. I have my 5:2 support right here.
Happy here. :-D
I've been a member of The Fast Diet site since it started but have been looking at it less and less, probably because MM was taking more of a back seat roll. Busy man so don't blame him, but his medical input is the main draw to that site. Will continue to dip in and out of it but this site feels more like home, the progress tracker is a really great tool and the team very knowledgeable and supportive.
Plus all of you, of course. :rose:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
141 posts Page 1 of 10