August 7
July 6
June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4

Foodbank Appeal

by Moogie » 08 Jul 2013, 10:29

This has come up in a number of topics and I thought it was about time I put up some news to get the ball rolling!

Many of us are saving money through 5:2 - eating less for 2 days a week :) I've had people offering to send money to help fund the site, but I've always asked them to give it to charity instead - the ads on this site cover our running costs, so why should you have to part with your hard earned cash to pay for this place when big companies are happy to do so?

Anyway, to the matter [...]

lbs for £s - raising money for Trussell Trust (Foodbank)

by Moogie » 11 Jul 2013, 20:51

Well, we may not have a logo yet but after watching the documentary on BBC1 tonight about food poverty in the UK I decided there's no time like the present and we may as well start the appeal!

The Trussell Trust is the organisation behind the Food bank charities around the UK (and also, apparently, in Bulgaria!).

So, while we're choosing to go hungry a couple of times a week there are families out there who simply can't afford a decent meal. If you're choosing to omit a meal, why not let some [...]

Foodbank Appeal - lbs for £s logo

by Moogie » 13 Jul 2013, 12:30

Well, no-one else has had a go at making a logo yet so I thought I'd give it a whirl... based on a couple of pieces of clipart which I've redrawn and tweaked/combined:

Feedback welcome, or by all means have a go yourself and post it up!

Forum updates

by Moogie » 20 Jul 2013, 17:47

Sorry about that bit of downtime folks, I was busy installing some add-ons to the forum!

Unfortunately it's nothing really spectacular in terms of user experience, but it should help with getting us back up to the top spots on Google! The URLs used for the various topics etc here are now a lot more search-engine friendly, using lovely words instead of things like:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246

We now have things like:
announces/5-2-diet-faq-t246.html

Bit better eh?

Having all these descriptive [...]

Reminder - August Weigh In

by wildmissus » 29 Jul 2013, 16:22

Just to remind you all that Caroline is on holiday at the moment so I will be running August's weigh in.

The August weigh-in thread will open on Friday 2nd August and will be open until Monday 5th (afternoon).

As not everyone weighs and as waist measurement is a better indicator of fat loss, we will declare either or both weight and waist, current and last month's figures (July 6th).

Next month's weigh in will be due on September 7th.
Last edited by Tracieknits on 05 Aug 2013, 20:16, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Made it a Global Announcement :-) and then changed it back to normal.

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!