The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
4 Month Plateau, Now Gaining!
18 Feb 2014, 09:04
Hello All!

I'm really struggling. I've been stuck dead at 9st 5-7 since October.....but this month, I'm gaining.
I'm recording everything on MFP, eating between 500-700 on Fast Days, between 1500-2000 on Feed Days, running 3 days a week, walking everywhere, using an elliptical trainer twice a week, and haven't really changed my eating since I started in October.
I'm a veggie, and have one vegan day a week.
My waist & hips are up as well as my weight.
I'm really gutted.....I've been reading that people have been steadily losing over years, but it looks like I'm going back to square one!

Is anyone else gaining? Has anyone had a plateau this long, gained, then lost?

Thank you in anticipation x
Hi @dancinhamster, sorry to hear about your troubles. It's a bit hard, though, to make any comments about your specific situation without information like your BMI, how long you've been on 5/2 or 4/3 or whatever. In short, most of the info that would be on your progress tracker.

Hope you can sort the puzzle out!
Hi @dancinhamster! If you don't suffer from any medical condition that would obviously affect your weight, you're probably eating too much on your non-fast days. But I'm just guessing here.

Do you know what is you TDEE or BMR? Have you used Progress Tracker on this forum? It would show you your TDEE and by that you could see whether you're eating too much or not.
Hello Jools :-)

Been at it since August 1st 2013. My BMI is 22.33. I was aiming for 9st. My TDEE is 1950. BMR is 1250.
I've been doing 5:2, but on my 'normal' days I've been eating within an 8 hour window (16:8).
I'm thinking of having a week off.....just eating normally, then starting again. I'm off to Malta for the Marathon (sadly, I couldn't take part - terrible TMJD pain knocked out 3 months of training), so I can't 'fast' on Thurs or Mon, which are my normal days.
A lot of people recommend mixing it up - which I have been - but perhaps a total week off would give it a kick-start?
Hello @dancinhamster have you read this thread it might help:
fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/call-in-to-the-plateau-club-t11212-30.html
You could try going low carb. Even top athletes can compete and/or train at low carb levels, once their body gets used to using the fat instead of easily obtainable glycogen stores.
Marks Daily Apple has a lot of information about it.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-prim ... z2smJgYCWz

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/press/th ... z2tgPzWPNb
:heart: You seem to be doing everything right so I don't really know what to suggest my usual answer is to mix it up to confuse the body and I kickstarted my weightloss again with lowering my carb intake they both worked for me and more recently I had a week of refeeding which was also a success but my Fri weigh-in will tell me for sure. :heart: Sue
8 posts Page 1 of 1