The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
confused!!
18 Aug 2013, 18:35
I'm finishing my secend week on the diet, my fast days are Monday and Thursday.

My firsrt week i lost 2.1 kilos. this week ive no idea if i've lost as each time i step on the scales they say something different, one day i was 88.6 kilos, then 2 days later 91.2, than another day 89.6 - what's happening, my weiht seems to fluctuate between mornning and night!

when is the best day to weigh myself? i had been weighing on a sunday, as I weighed mself on a Sunday before i started ghe dit but nowim not so sure!

HELP!
Re: confused!!
18 Aug 2013, 18:45
Only weigh yourself in the morning before you eat or dink anything and AFTER you have gone to the toilet, we need all the help we can get! Yes, you will weigh more in the evening as you have been eating food all day, so, DON'T do it! And, yes, this works so, good luck and don't give up :like:

Good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
18 Aug 2013, 18:46
Hi and welcome:

Your weight can vary up to several pounds from day to day. If you weigh yourself often, you will get used to it, or go crazy. This might help: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/the-scale-tale-t7660.html :clover:
18 Aug 2013, 18:47
I would stick to the same day each week and first thing in the morning before you have anything to eat. That way you will be consistent.
Good luck.

Lesley
18 Aug 2013, 18:52
Hi yes the same as what they say above I weigh the morning after a fast day just once a week and good luck
18 Aug 2013, 19:34
Hi Pixsy Yes as above :heart: when I first started this WOL it was a Sunday so I weighed myself that day, after a holiday 4 wks later on my return I changed to Friday that's day after my 2nd/3rd fast of the week
I'm doing 4:3 most weeks , only on scales once a week :heart: :heart:
This works for me. Good luck :clover: Sue
18 Aug 2013, 20:38
thanks for the advice! i'll start weighing myself the morning after my second fast. thanks again!
28 Aug 2013, 05:15
About weight fluctuations, it’s normal and can happen to everybody. There are many reasons why your weight fluctuates at different period of the day. Some of the reasons are eating too much, too much intake of salt, hormonal changes, constipation, water retention, etc.
So my suggestion would be to weigh yourself in the morning after the fast days. Weighing after the fast days will give you a good idea how much weight you have lost.
28 Aug 2013, 06:33
Pixsy - lots of info on here about how/when to weigh. Kencc has written many times and I follow his method - weigh every morning when you get up and enter your reading into Libra or an equivalent app to create a trend line which after a few days will start to move steadily downwards (hopefully!) but will smooth out the wild fluctuations. I worked/works for me, and I am in maintenance now where the trend line is a great way of checking if I am eating enough to balance exercise levels...
28 Aug 2013, 06:36
I don't weigh, I just go by the measurements.... how I feel. I feel like I'm losing weight! :)
28 Aug 2013, 11:35
I've been weighing daily for nearly a year, since I got my Aria scale, although I only started 5:2 at the beginning of this month. Like you I've seen my weight fluctuate a lot over the last year, also since starting fasting. Usually it's down to fluid retention - I was on holiday in April and did a lot walking and when I got back and weighed myself for the first time in 8 days, my weight had gone up by 3 kilos! It took 2 weeks to disappear and then I'd actually lost 1.5kg from the walking -it was the flying that caused the fluid retention.

Also, us females will see a lot of yo-yoing because of the menstrual cycle. Most women retain fluid when premenstrual and during a period. So do take that into account.

What's most important is the overall trend - if it's going steadily downwards over time, you are on the right track.

I weigh myself first thing every morning, as soon as I've had my first wee and butt naked. It's important to weigh with the same parameters even if you only weigh yourself once a week.
11 posts Page 1 of 1