The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
first week = no weight loss!
08 Oct 2013, 07:48
Well I have done my first week now. I managed to stick to my fast 500 cals and am back on another fast day today. I feel a bit despondent though as I haven't lost anything. Any other diet I've done I've usually lost up to 7lb in the fist week. :confused:
Keep at it. Same happened to me for the first two weeks and then it started coming off. Are you tracking your TDEE?
Have you measured? It can take a wee bit of time for the scales to show results especially if you have been watching your weight previously. The tape measure can be kinder!
Although this is called the 'fast' diet, it certainly isn't quick. Patience and sticking with it is worth it. Have a wander through the forum - there are lots of inspirational stories, slow starts and plenty of hiccoughs along the way.
Let us know how you get on next week
:clover:
Thank you rawkaren and janeg. Have stuck with it today. It helps to know not everyone loses in their first week. I haven't taken my measurements so will do that, also haven't done the TDEE, perhaps that would help too. Thanks again for thaking the time to encourage me x
Well done on completing your first week Nicolette x you stuck to it,and thats an achievement in itself!
Dont lose heart,take the advice given here and keep going! X
Hi and welcome:

I assume you are joking.

You have nothing on me: post71147.html#p71147

Good Luck!
If you were dieting recently or if you're already at a healthy BMI, this could also explain your result. As the others have said, get out the measuring tape, be patient and stick with it. Good luck!
Hi Nicolette and Welcome :heart:
Measure everywhere this is my only regret I only did two, yes we all lose the pounds at differing rates so don't worry give this WOL time to weave its magic'. Good. Luck and carry on. :clover: Sue. :clover:
simcoeluv wrote: Hi and welcome:

I assume you are joking.

You have nothing on me: post71147.html#p71147

Good Luck!

Had a little re-read and a big fat chuckle.
Good luck, and keep it up.
9 posts Page 1 of 1