The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Where can I find more guidance on what to eat on the non-fasting days? I believe in this diet and surely see weight loss on the mornings after a fasting day. That's when I weigh myself and sure enough I'll see a difference from the day before. I always weigh myself same time of day. (Mornings) However what I do see is that I'm stuck in a plateau for the past few weeks. IE day to day clearly the fast works, but long term, I'm just staying around the same weight. Fluxuating about 3-4 lbs and basically returning to the lowest weight of the previous week. Maybe I am eating too much on the non-diet days? I don't believe so.. but wouldn't dieting on the 5 days destroy the whole premise for this diet? This is where I need your help. If I could reach my goal weight and do this I would be pretty happy.
Hi, this happens.....stick with it and things will get going i waited about 4 weeks, You just have to go with the flow.
Have a good look around this forum, there is a wealth of advice from those who have trod the path before us.
Personally I wouldn't diet on your feast days, you need to stick to your TDEE.

Good luck and hang on in there :)
I looked at the list of acronyms and didn't see TDEE? Please help a newbie out?
Never mind.. I got it..
BMR 2241
TDEE 2689
Check out kencc's post on #NEAT, it's not exercise per se, it's just how much you move rather than sit. Also, check into #fitbit. I know when I'm not losing it has more to do with how much alcohol I've been drinking and not moving about as much.
Hi and welcome:

Setting your initial TDEE is critical. Studies show most people overestimate their physical activity by over 50%. This might help:
5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html

To confirm you are really on a plateau, rather than not losing because your TDEE is too high or you are eating over your TDEE on your feast days, you have to count calories on your feast days for a week. Studies show that most people that don't count underestimate their calorie intake by 47%. This might help: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/on-plateaus-t7102.html

:clover:
I'm doing a blog on plateaus later today, just finished writing it but need to have dinner now!

Also, here's some stuff about feed days:
http://www.the52dietplan.com/what-shoul ... days-tdee/
Same story here. Discouraged but I need to stick to it.
Have you looked at #whyscalesincrease? Some great info and advice there.

How long have you been on 5:2? Many people don't see much progress on their scales for the first 4 weeks due to some of the factors mentioned in the link. And some of us don't see scales progress for 5-6 weeks! I did lose inches and that kept me going. Eventually the weight drops.

As others have pointed out, on feed days a person should be eating close to their TDEE. If you haven't already, you might want to count daily calories for a while. I'm too lazy to count calories, but I did count for about week and got an idea of what my favorite and most eaten foods/meals are and how much of each I can afford to eat. Myfitnesspal.com seems to be a popular site for tracking calories if you are looking for one.

Stick with it! It does work.
Yes stick with it. I think all us have seen the scale bounce up and down but by golly this woe works. My first week I was 205lbs and now 16 weeks later 179lbs. Slow but absolutely sure the weight diminishes. There are so many factors that make ones weight vary but if you are consistent with your fast days and do not overeat or undereat for that matter on feast days your weight will keep going down. Patience is a virtue.
10 posts Page 1 of 1