The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Two weeks ago I wrote on this forum that I don't lose any weight on the week. You said to me that was normal.
OK so I continue 5:2 1 week more and I had hope before stepping on the scale because I did more sport and I try not overfood next days.
But one week more without any weight lost.

What Am I doing wrong?

What if I don't eat all the 500 Kcal? Is it wrong?
What if sometimes eat at 10 pm? Is it to late maybe?
Is it normal not loosing any weight during two weeks?

Thanks for your help.
it happens. I've been on a ~3 week plateau myself just recently.

The 500 cal is based on 25% of a presumed TDEE of 2000 for women, but plenty of shorter and/or older women have much lower TDEEs, thus 25% would be less than 500 cals. Mine is more like 400! (anyway, the 25% is more or less an arbitrary number anyway…)

I don't think eating late should be a problem either.

Sometimes exercise can cause you to gain water weight if your muscles need repairing.

I would say just be patient, but I know it is frustrating!

Good luck! Gambatte!!
I sometimes eat less than 500, anything from 300-450. I am still eating a decent meal though, its just that curry veg and cauli rice for example are very low cals !

I eat at 10pm on feast nights, later at weekends. Fast day I eat 6pm ish, I can't go much longer as I fall off a cliff :wink:

Keep going, your body takes a bit to adjust, and keeps measuring, inches can come off instead of weight :smile:
I didn't lose anything last month which consisted of one week of excess, nearly two weeks of ADF plus nearly two weeks of exercise.. Be patient, especially if you don't have much to lose.
Hi Yokosan

I just want to add that when I first started this WOL I didn't dare weigh myself for at least one month after starting, which I have done and the pounds are coming off, albeit slowly.. please do not worry because it will happen,2 weeks isn't that long, give it another 2 if you can! good luck and take care :-)
Yes it is normal, you might want to do measurements all over and when not loosing weight you may well be losing inches especially if you have upped your exercise. It is a way of life so might be best to just chill out and get into it. We all respond differently who knows why but we do.

Don't eat too low too often on non fast days as you have to fast then eat as normal and sometime have a good feed as our bodies get onto the fact we are reducing our intake and save some stores.

Suggest just do the 5:2 in which ever variation you relate to that you read here and that suits your life style. You body will respond and just take a note of your start weight, your fasting TDEE and your feeding TDEE which you get off the tracker. This is a slower process for some (me lately - see my tracker) but if you stick with it results do come.

Wish you all. The best
:heart: Hi yes some people are slow losers but my advice is always to give it at least one month and use the tape measure sometimes its ince/cm loss first, also your excercise will slow things down for a while. Also be careful not to overcompensate on your feed days, lastly be patient and give this fantastic WOL time to weave its magic on you :heart:
:clover: :clover: Good Luck to you. :clover: Sue
Thanks a lot for all your responses.

I'll try to be patient. But sometimes it's hard making effort all the week and not having the reward on the scale.

But in fact I lose 1cm if I took measurements correctly.

Good luck for all of us ;)
Shinpai nai, yokosan.
9 posts Page 1 of 1