The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am 5'1 and currently weigh 8st with a BMI of 21. 39 yrs old and relatively active. I would like to lose 3 lbs and have been doing 5:2 for about 4 weeks now. Based on my DCR of 1161, I am trying to stick to 300 cals on fast days (generally Mons and Thurs). I find that although i drop a couple of lbs by the Friday morning, by the time my Monday fast is due, I am back up to my start weight. So, to summarise, over the course of 4 weeks, although the scales have moved at times, based on my weight this morning and the fit of my clothes, i have not lost anything. BTW, on non fast days, I generally stick to around 1500 cals.
Any advice?
Thanks
If you are fit and active, maybe it's muscle building and fat losing. Have you tried measuring yourself?

BMI is not reliable as it doesn't take into account whether the subject is muscular or not. Medics are stopping using BMI as a calculator of healthy weight because of this. Body builders have high BMIs because they are so muscly and of course, muscle is five times denser than fat and so obviously weighs more.

I'd say your measurements would be a better thing to monitor than your weight. Hip to waist ratio and waist to height measurements would be more helpful to you I would think.

Hope this helps!
2 posts Page 1 of 1