The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I really would like this to be my last "diet" and love the philosophy and benefits. I've been doing this for 6 weeks. I've lost about 4 lbs overall but have had two weeks where I've gained a little under a pound. Anyone else have similar experiences. I'd be thrilled with a pound per week, but am not getting that. I will also say I only have about 15 more pounds to lose so am not a large person.... just a little chubby! :)
Hi USGirl and welcome to the forum! Lots of helpful people here so you should get some good tips. Here is my 2c worth:
  • weight can vary by more than a few pounds for all sorts of reasons (even more so for you ladies), so a blip up over the occasional week is quite normal. Even when you last took a dump (sorry) can make quite a difference.
  • If you want to lose faster, the real solution I am afraid is to take in fewer calories on the 5 'feed days'. Cut down (if you haven't already) on the snacks and the alcohol and the chocolate. And it will make it easier if you limit the high GI carbs as much as possible (including white bread, pasta, potatoes).
  • The other way is to take more exercise, including on fast days.
  • If you have a 'greedy' feed day, that's okay but try to balance it with a 'lean' feed day - and still keep the 2 fast days
Of course you may already be doing all the above, in which case I'm stumped!
Were the weight gains during your first few weeks? This can happen as a result of the water loss from the first week - some of it is regained, while fat is lost - resulting in increases or maintains on the scales!
HI there,

I am new to all this forum and hoping that I can get the help I need!!! I am going in to my forth week and I had lost 5lb however this morning them kind scales showed me at putting the 5lb on plus a 1lb extra!!!! I have done nothing different.....So its not you I just don't get it...Weigh day tome and fast day (which was supposed to be today but was that fed up and tired - its now tomorrow!) :bugeyes:
Hi fifh1234, please have a look at what Moogie and I wrote above. Basically one week's reading don't mean nuffin. Keep the faith, don't go wild on the feed days, and you'll continue to see the progress. Oh, and welcome to the forum!
5 posts Page 1 of 1