The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
3 weeks in, no weight lost.
01 May 2013, 07:56
me and the feller are in to week 3 and have not lost any weight at all. I have about 14lbs to lose and find that i tend to eat less than recommended 2000 calories on nonfast days... I will keep trying for a bit longer as overall i enjoy the diet.
Re: 3 weeks in, no weight lost.
01 May 2013, 08:33
Have you checked what your TDEE should be
01 May 2013, 09:44
Hi Carol, yes I have read the other posts on this. I will do some sums. I am surprised though as i calorie count and come in way under 2000, probably around 1600/day and i exercise a lot. I will keep going as i definitely feel better for it!
01 May 2013, 09:49
I don't have any scientific backing to this whatsoever, however I assume that if you were already quite good with your calories and exercise then it may not have such a profound affect as it does for some people that have gone from being a bit naughty to being very very good.

Hang in there catluv!
01 May 2013, 10:47
shannonaleece wrote: I don't have any scientific backing to this whatsoever, however I assume that if you were already quite good with your calories and exercise then it may not have such a profound affect as it does for some people that have gone from being a bit naughty to being very very good.

Hang in there catluv!

I think shannonaleece hit the nail on the head
27 May 2013, 04:13
Have you tried adding a bit of exercise in too? Just a brisk walk for 20 minutes a day will really help.

It can be frustrating to see the scales stuck, maybe try using a tape measure or buy a pair of trousers that are a size too small and go by them. Best of luck, let us know if things improve. I want tolose about the same as you, so I will be happy to support you :)
27 May 2013, 05:01
Hi Catluv, I recommend two things: (1) look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1006 and (2) don't just weigh, measure your waist, etc. Often people see a loss there but not in their weight.

In general people at a normal BMI seem to have more trouble losing on this diet (anecdotal evidence from this site).

One last idea: some people have found that eating at their TDEE on 5 days, not below it, actually kickstarts the weight loss.
7 posts Page 1 of 1