The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Didn't lose this week
08 May 2013, 18:02
Feeling a bit dejected. In my 3rd week-lost 3lb 1st week, 1.8lb 2nd week but put on 0.4lb this week and can honestly say I have stuck to the diet. Not noticing much change in my measurements either. Does this sound familiar? Am I worrying over nothing?
Re: Didn't lose this week
08 May 2013, 18:09
It is disheartening, but try to remember the average is 1lb a week, so you're still above average. I find I lose when I combine it with exercise, and don't really lose anything when I don't. Keep at it, and give your body a few weeks to adjust to this WOE.
08 May 2013, 18:12
I find that I keep going up and down a few pounds and then all of a sudden, I drop three or four pounds at once. It all ends up averaging out to about a pound a week for me though.
08 May 2013, 18:31
fastinginphilly wrote: I find that I keep going up and down a few pounds and then all of a sudden, I drop three or four pounds at once. It all ends up averaging out to about a pound a week for me though.

I'd agree with this. I had a big initial loss and since then it's slowed but is still significant. The key, for me anyway, seems to be changing the pattern of my eating and exercise a bit so some larger losses have come after eating a bit more. That seems to accentuate the way this works, by triggering your body into thinking it needs to burn fat, then preventing it from going into fat-saving mode by giving it a regular supply. So just keep going and you should see the losses again :)
08 May 2013, 18:34
I had lost 2kg last month but put it all on again when it was my daughter's birthday. Very frustrating but I am trying not be disheartened as it should be long term. Try to keep going, I found it really hard to get used to the fasting
08 May 2013, 19:32
Keep going - this is a long-term way of losing weight. You have to look at the big picture, not the weekly reading on your bathroom scales. I have been doing this for just over 4 months now, and I have only lost about 8 lbs slowly, but looking back to my first measurements I have lost 2 inches off my bust, waist and hips since I started. Before I started, my weight was slowly going up and I have changed that. If you can keep going, after all it's only two days a week, then you will see results. :like:
08 May 2013, 19:55
Thanks for all the encouragement and common sense! Just what I needed!
09 May 2013, 17:22
Don't lose heart,it's a marathon, not a sprint.When I started my regime with my fitbugorb I didn't lose weight at first.Gradually my metabolism speeded up and now I am feeling as if I am winning the battle.
27 May 2013, 04:05
I'm in the same boat. Been doing this WOE for almost a month and lost 2kgs, but this week lost nothing. The way I see it is staying the same is better than a gain!

Remember our bodies will be adapting to this for a while, but w will get there :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1