The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
The dreaded plateau!!!
27 May 2013, 12:27
So, since 8th April my weight has been pretty consistent, varying by about a pound each week, but overall remaining the same! This is a plateau of 7 weeks!

Having only been on the diet for 15 weeks, it seems strange that I lost 11 lb in the first 8 weeks and this has stopped, despite fasting for twice a week every week and going to the gym at least twice a week.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing? The weight came off so quickly in the first few weeks and I'm worried that it won't go down anymore and I still need to lose a couple of stone.

Let me know if you have had the same problem and if there are any tips for kick starting the weight loss again? :?:
Re: The dreaded plateau!!!
27 May 2013, 12:37
You are not alone!! I could have written your post. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas other than I need to be more diligent about how/what I'm eating. I've tried a week of 4:3 and even that didn't budge any weight. I'm sure my problem is eating too much on feast days, so I do track my calories every so often but I should be doing it every day. I know that's not what 5:2 is really meant to be, but evidently I can't eat within my TDEE otherwise. It's what got me overweight after all lol.
27 May 2013, 13:15
Your tracker shows your waist tracking down again -- are you exercising a lot? You may be exchanging fat for muscle, which would be a good thing.

Also check out Carorees' "Why do the scales show an increase when I've been so good?" post here, if you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1006
27 May 2013, 14:18
Have you reviewed your TDEE? Could be that you have reached a point where your current weekly calories equal your TDEE and that you may have to reduce your total daily intake a bit to start the scales moving again.

Also, check out kencc's post about NEAT viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5055 , small changes in overall movement can make a big difference. I now stand to watch tv and when I'm on the computer, I jump up and do something standing for a few minutes (wash a few dishes, put a few things away) before returning and reading a few more posts.
28 May 2013, 02:29
Thanks for your help! It could be the muscle vs fat thing as my measurements are slowly decresing at a steady pace. I will look at counting calories as well for this week, as I am really strict on the fast days but am probably more relaxed on feed days now than I was before I started this WOE. For exakple - before I wouldnt have had spaghetti for dinner on a weeknight, whereas now I will happily tuck into a spag bol for tea.
05 Jun 2013, 05:13
Another week down and another 700g gain :(

I'm starting to think this isn't working anymore, since 5kg over 15 weeks is not that great - esp given that I lost 2 of those in the first 2 weeks. Although my waist is dropping consistantly so not quite sure where the extra weight is coming from :(
6 posts Page 1 of 1