The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Suggested calorie intake
06 Jun 2013, 16:00
Hi

According to the site my suggested calorie intake to lose weight is over 2000!!! This just seems like a lot to try eat for me lol. I know that calories add up so with not counting calories I am prob eating this.

I was wondering if people find trying to aim to this suggested amount helpful in losing the weight? Also do people keep track of their calorie intake or just watch what they eat?

Thanks

Karen
Re: Suggested calorie intake
06 Jun 2013, 16:07
Hi & welcome :)
I expect you'll find it's a good 50/50 split of those here to calorie count all the time and those who don't & just eat what they feel is about right for them!

I think many of us have had to adjust our general daily intake a little as we've lost weight, which is mainly what the info on the tracker is there to remind us about - our needs do go down as we lose weight unfortunately :(

The suggested amount, if eaten 7 days a week should result in weight maintenance, but if combined with 5:2 should lead to a calorie deficit and therefore weight loss. However, if you're already losing weight with 5:2 there's no real reason to change what you're doing unless you hit a plateau.
06 Jun 2013, 16:29

I have lost 1lb since I started a week and 2 days ago and a few inches.

I shall continue how I am going at the min as I am enjoying not having to count calories, not worry about food and eat what I like in moderation. I am having breakfast,lunch and dinner and a snack in between so hopefully I am eating enough without knowing and needing to count.

I dont want to but If at the end of the month I am not losing more and not seeing results I will look at possibly counting my calories as according to my TDEE.

Thanks
22 Jun 2013, 22:29
Hi new to this, glad to hear what you have said, I've decided to make Mondays & Wednesdays my fast days, easier with husband at work, feeling a little anxious as he will in 10 days be on holiday for 10 weeks! Eek hope my 5:2 won't be sabotaged with him eating around me difficult to do much else except sit with my fractured foot up, no weigh bearing for 6 weeks.started last week feeling lighter but excited to see what my first weigh in on Wednesday will reveal. Feeling happier taking this decision, sadly have been a yogi dieter, and I feel this new way of life is my last hope of losing weight. My TDEE seems high, so maybe it was right that I have not ate enough, and most of what I eat (lots of carbs) goes to fat?! Here's hoping I can turn it around, because at this moment I don't like what I see in the mirror .
22 Jun 2013, 23:59
KarenW1987 wrote: According to the site my suggested calorie intake to lose weight is over 2000!!! This just seems like a lot to try eat for me lol. I know that calories add up so with not counting calories I am prob eating this.

It isn't a target, it's an estimate of your calorie expenditure based on what you told it.

Think of it as a guideline for someone with no clue how much food to eat in a day. It could be out by 10% or more, especially if you put in an optimistic setting for your activity level. The "light activity" setting is about 350 extra calories a day, for example, compared to sedentary.
5 posts Page 1 of 1