The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Two weeks with no loss...
08 Jun 2013, 19:28
Having lost 9 lb in the first 5 weeks of fasting, I have now had 2 weeks without loss. :frown: I know that it is just a blip, and that I have to be patient, but I am so desperate for this to succeed that I really really need to see a loss next week, or I know I will find it hard to keep motivated.

I am sure my fast days are correct. I have liquids only until dinner, then a carb-free meal. But I wasn't sure about feed days, so I counted the calories on Friday. I was determined to eat as I normally do, so I had a cooked breakfast, a peanut butter roll at lunch, and pizza for dinner :grin: . And my calories came in just under my TDEE, so it doesn't look like I am eating too much, or even too little.

So today I added in a third mini-fast, by having no breakfast or lunch, but then eating normally with the family for saturday dinner. I really hope that it will be enough to make a difference.

Any words of wisdom?
Re: Two weeks with no loss...
08 Jun 2013, 19:39
Sounds like a sensible approach. The TDEE figures are estimates +/- 10% etc and are based on non-dieters so it's easy to find you're eating slightly too much for your own actual TDEE.
08 Jun 2013, 20:06
Stick with it. What's the alternative? Some of us are trying 2 days a week 5:2 and eating within an 8 hour window on the other days to see if that helps. Come and have a look at the 5:2 + 16:8 thread. Don't give up, just try something different :smile:
08 Jun 2013, 20:17
Ah, I know how you feel. I was gaining and losing the same kilo for 5 or 6 weeks. I tried counting calories and 4:3 but they didn't work and now I'm doing some sort of 3:2:2 of my own.
3 normal days, 2 fasts and 2 days of Dukan attack. It did work and I am thrilled! IMO, you need to play around a bit and find which edition of 5:2 is good for you.
08 Jun 2013, 20:46
Heucherella you've lost 9lbs in 7b weeks! That's fantastic! The forum average is only 1lb per week so you are ahead of that. And you've only been 'dieting' for 14 days. Don't beat yourself up, you're right on track. :)
09 Jun 2013, 10:14
Thanks for the support! After my mini fast yesterday, I weighed myself this morning, and a pound has vanished :D So now I just have to maintain that weight until my official weigh-in day next friday! Onwards and downwards...
09 Jun 2013, 11:11
No you don't have to maintain that! You will lose more!!! :-)
11 Jun 2013, 01:31
Hey, I have lost 6kg in 12 weeks, only 2kg to go - but I sat on 62kg for three weeks, and most others for at least 2 weeks. It'll come off eventually. Don't give up!
11 Jun 2013, 02:30
Yep stick with it.

I had same happen to me (I started in April and not much changed in weight for last 2 weeks).. so i switched to 4:3 and partly because i think i went over a bit on both fast and feast days, calories wise than the diet strictly prescribes.

Hopefully that will be the answer for me.
11 Jun 2013, 02:49
Heucherella,
Just took a look at your stats. It's true that your weight hasn't moved in 2 weeks, but something is obviously happening to your waist - the diet clearly is working for you.
11 Jun 2013, 04:40
elbereth wrote: Heucherella,
Just took a look at your stats. It's true that your weight hasn't moved in 2 weeks, but something is obviously happening to your waist - the diet clearly is working for you.

whats the science behind. . a smaller waist (loss of physical inches) but no weight loss.

weight must not equal inches
11 Jun 2013, 05:46
I'm really pleased with my weight loss & I know I've been really careful since I hit my target but I've still put 1 kg back on - I'm thinking maybe I've been tooooo careful so I've gone back to what I've been doing since the end of february & am eating normally when not fasting.

It's exceedingly frustrating, but I KNOW it will come right in the end, just git to keep the faith!
21 Jun 2013, 17:11
Hi Heucherella
I haven't lost anything for 2 weeks either. I steamed ahead with a great start losing a stone and a half in 4 weeks and I had my weigh in today ( even though I said I would never weigh myself I have succumbed) and found that I am exactly the same as I was 2 weeks ago. But! atleast I haven't put anything on. Maybe I am just levelling out now and the steady loss will begin. Don't lose heart you've done so well this far, keep going. It seems there is some good advice on here. I am going to carry on the same until my next weigh in and then see what happens then. If no more weight loss then I will decide to change it about a bit.
13 posts Page 1 of 1