The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Spectacular gain
08 Jun 2013, 23:59
Well it's not pretty - 1 kg weight gain this week with 2.5 fasts...please note the .5 :oops: Here's how the train got wrecked: Friday dinner at mine last week with friends, too much high GI carb & red carbs (wine), this was followed by a weekend in Sydney - 50th birthday party for 2, Indian dinner with friends b4 party, lots of red carbs!! :razz: Sunday usual fast day was off cos I was staying with a friend. Then fast Monday, all good, Tuesday lunch with a friend, hand made, pan-fried gnocchi with mushroom ragout & taleggio - yum!, Wednesday fast - all good, Thursday normal day few red carbs, Friday fast day - no breakfast - really stupid for me cos I struggle, I was feeling so off and felt like falling asleep at the wheel, :sleepy: got to 6pm with 500 cals under my belt and that's when the train seriously derailed!! :bugeyes: :-o I made chocolate brownies Adriano Zumbo Choc Brownies :worship: ...for lunch Saturday - friend coming for lunch, baaaad move..they smelled so good I ate 2!! then topped it off with 1/2 bottle of red carbs - good lord spectacularly wrong! Then Saturday came and I had more brownies and high carb lunch followed by healthy dinner and red carbs. So here I stand on the scales of doom and I feel sh*t...But I felt sh*tter yesterday wondering where my head was heading. However the warm light of dawn has me back fasting - veggie soup for breakfast with black coffee - feel full and ready to walk the goofy dogs on the beach. I will NOT be social this week...well I do have a lunch out tomorrow - pass me the salad!... but I will go back to my Sun/Tues/Thurs fasts - I think having my days thrown out (Friday is NOT a fast day for me) and going on so many social occassions threw me. Fingers crossed the train timetable is back and there are no derailments :grin:
Re: Spectacular gain
09 Jun 2013, 00:36
Don't 'red carbs' cause water retention? ;) lol Well done! If the train is going to be derailed best it be spectacular. You have the tools to fix the track and you'll be chugging (no pun intended, well maybe a little bit :drink:) along in no time. :grin:
09 Jun 2013, 02:26
Aw GMH at least you did it in style.
Good to see you back on the wagon but it is called life and betsysgr8 took the words outta my mouth, you have the tools and am sure you will be back on "track" as quick as a flash
Toot toot
09 Jun 2013, 02:39
Ah, gnocchi, yum yum! :drool: At least you ate tasty food. I know I have days like this but at least you know what to do to fix it and more to the point, are doing it!
09 Jun 2013, 04:51
Thanks Ladies - yes unfortunately I know how to do it in style LOL working in upmarket restaurants for 10+ years, drinking free vintage wine, free gourmet food, well you get a taste for it! Thankfully I also learnt that fresh food is best and love gourmet healthy food too. I gave the last brownie to my friend and the look of sheer pleasure on her face made me realise how I must have looked for 2 days LOL....and I usually weigh after a fast, so maybe it's not as bad as it looks...and my 'new' clothes still fit and I do look slim, so I shan't cry into my vegie soup toot toot!
09 Jun 2013, 06:48
Ooh so glad I am not the only one...have spent several days with OH, wedding anniversary,BBQ's well have to make the most of this lovely weather! And plenty of the liquid calories....5lb gain in a few days...oh well back to normal next week with 5:2...
09 Jun 2013, 08:04
Sounds as though you had a wonderful time so I would not worry at all if I were you. To me one of the great things about this WOE is that I don't feel bad after eating more on holiday or a night out because I know that tomorrow is another day...

By the way Nigella Lawson's chocolate brownies are the best I have ever had. I often make them for parties or when we have friends for dinner but they must have thousands of calories in them!
09 Jun 2013, 08:11
Windsinger123 u r right of course - I was a bit shattered that I had done 2.5 fasts and still put on weight. These Adriano Zumbo brownies actually came in a packet, just add eggs and butter...way too easy LOL. He is a dessert celeb chef here and quite frankly I now understand why!
09 Jun 2013, 08:23
GMH - I am a big fan of Masterchef Australia (but I can't stand our British version LOL) so I know who Adriano Zumbo is. His dessert challenges for the contestants are always amazing.

Good luck to you for this week :smile:
09 Jun 2013, 08:33
windsinger123 wrote: Sounds as though you had a wonderful time so I would not worry at all if I were you. To me one of the great things about this WOE is that I don't feel bad after eating more on holiday or a night out because I know that tomorrow is another day...

By the way Nigella Lawson's chocolate brownies are the best I have ever had. I often make them for parties or when we have friends for dinner but they must have thousands of calories in them!

Talking about Nigella, I love her cookies and choc orange cake. YUMYUMYUM!!!!! I add walnuts to the cookies to make them a bit more healthy and then my boys and I start munching !!!! :lol: :lol:
09 Jun 2013, 08:37
I sometimes think you need this kind of week to realise that
a) life is sometimes about more than losing weight
b) you can always repair it next week
c) great food should be eaten (OK, not all the time!) and enjoyed with friends, along with the red falling down juice!
09 Jun 2013, 08:47
Penny you have got it absolutely right! GMH it sounds like you have had a whale of a time :lol: :wink: but you have only gained a couple of pounds! Good luck next week, am sure they will disappear soon :clover: :like:
09 Jun 2013, 12:16
Gmh sounds like the perfect time to me.
Windsinger I prefer your British Masterchef to ours much less drama!!
09 Jun 2013, 12:21
Next time you plan a train wreck, please can I have an invite :smile:
09 Jun 2013, 21:45
Sians I didn't plan the train wreck and quite frankly I thought it was a normal week LOL (but I can let u know next time there is a derailment for u to join me on the tracks ;>) ...till I got on the scales well actually only the Friday fast that turned into a binge wasn't good. I am ashamed to admit that my usual weeks (losing weight) aren't that far different except I usually only do 1 dinner or lunch socially...not erhem 4! I must say I love Indian restaurants but that was my first Indian restaurant meal since I started fasting as I know how weight gaining they are for me. might be my last until I get to my goal weight
15 posts Page 1 of 1