The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Three weeks in, now I'm stuck!!
11 Jun 2013, 08:01
I am now on my third week of fasting I do Mondays and Wednesdays. I started at 10 stone 6 and went down to 10 stone 2 in my first week now I'm back to 10 stone 4. I am really trying but am guessing that I am over thinking it. I also weigh myself every day which I need to stop doing.

If anyone has any great tips I would love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance
You look to be doing fine
Lots of people lose lots of weight during the first week then put most of it back on. It is said to be water you lose as the body adjusts to the fasts.
The average loss is 1 lb a week which is nearly what you have.
I would review things at the end of June; if you fine you are not losing then look at your calories on the normal days.
The progress tracker is very useful with that.
The other thing is to read other posts; you will find many helpful tips.
Remember it will take time to lose weight - around 4 months to lose a stone
Good luck
Don't be too disheartened. I started 2 weeks ago and didn't lose anything the first week which was REALLY disappointing but this week I've lost 4lb.
I'm using the NutraCheck app to log my food diary and exercise. When I input my details and goal it recommended a daily calorie intake of 1400 which I have been sticking to roughly (apart from weekends!!). It really makes you think about what you eat and do a bit more exercise to burn the daily cals it recommends. I fast Mondays and Thursdays eating my 500 cals at dinnertime.
Best of luck. X
3 posts Page 1 of 1