The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
i need Janeg and her wet fish
24 Jun 2013, 14:30
@Janeg

a couple of weeks ago you said you had a wet fish available for slapping slackers like me - i think i really need a wet fish smack :confused: - i have hardly lost anything since coming back from holiday - the knackered ankle hasnt helped but i have not really fasted properly and i have tried 16/8 but that seems to lead to weight gain

i need to go back to basics and fast properly and maybe keep a better eye on my tdee

i am 5'8 currently 13st.5lbs and am losing gaining the same 2lbs for the last 7 weeks.
My TDEE is around the 2050 mark and i eat anywhere from 1300 - 2800 (inc a few sat night drinks) fast days are around 550
I would normally do 2x 60 mins of zumba plus 3hrs walking a week but due to ankle am just doing the walking
i have lost approx 22lbs so far but still have around another 10-14 to go

slaps and advice welcome :cool:
Hi Are you 13.5 stone or 135lbs? It makes a difference to any advice!
sorry 13stone 5lbs
thanks
Ah, the wet fish. I bet there are more people who miss Janet and her fis! I've been spending 7 (seven!) weeks on a gloomy plateau now and was on the verge of getting off track completely. However, I gave myself a proper talking to and resumed 4:3 as I should, thinking about the health benefits of calorie restriction. Did you read the post about the risks of diabetes type 2? It was on another thread. Sorry I forgot who posted it. Sad. Makes you think. Makes you (at least me) motivated. So resume fasting, this is one of the great advantages of this WoE, you can always get back on track. Best of luck! :clover:
I'm trying to decide what to make for tea - I thought this was a recipe request!!

I'm 5'10" and my TDEE is around 1840, and 440 on fast days; yours seems quite high in comparison - maybe you could just drop everything a bit more?

Hope it gets sorted :clover: any suugestions of tea? :starving:
Hi Jeniben, I'm also 5'8", with a TDEE of 2010 (light activity). I have also plateaued for the last 7 weeks. My light activity includes a pilates class once a week, sailing once a week and walking to and from work (including going home for lunch) which is an hours walk a day. I easily do my 10,000 steps a day when I'm working. The trouble is I work 3 days on week, 5 the next and I am not always very active on the days I don't work so that reduces my TDEE to 1800ish. It really does make a difference. I have given myself a slap with a wet fish and done something different - TML's Dukan Attack, which seems to be working well, we'll see what the scales say on Friday!

Is your ankle fixed? Yes, then get off your butt! No, then alter your TDEE to sedentary! There you go wet-fished. :wink:
Thanks ladies,
Effie I got my tdee from here and other sites and its based on light to moderate activiy but as wildmissus has said with my knackered ankle I should readjust to sedentary for a while
Josijo I have given myself a stiff talking to and will be properly 5/2ing this week
Wildmissus thanks for the slap with the wet fish. Will reduce tdee a bit more untkl ankle js fixed

Jeniben
Right you've been wet fished so you can have hugs from me, main thing, don't stress it will work out ok i'm sure. :heart: :hugleft:

Chris x
LMAO at the title. I literally lol'd :-)
Come on Jeniben.

I wouldn't want that wet fish. It's been around for a while and must be getting rather smelly by now. :shock:

Cut those meals down a bit. Put some music on and dance around in your chair. Hey. Sorted.

:grin: :grin:
Lesley - you're right, that fish must be well honky by now, i gave myself a stiff talking too last nite and have reduced my tdee a bit whilst i am not zumba'ing - bloody annoying but gotta fix the ankle first
tracey - glad i made u chuckle chuck :0
Chris - thanks for the hugs - i am not really streesed just a bit frustrated but chair dancing sounds like an idea :-)

jeniben
I love chair dancing. Only problem is I tend to do it listening to the radio in the car, stood at traffic lights of course! Ohooh the looks you can get. Ha ha.

Hope your ankle gets better soon.

Lesley
12 posts Page 1 of 1