The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Slow weight loss
08 Jul 2013, 06:49
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but have been on the 5/2 diet for 3 weeks. I am coping ok but have only lost 1lb so far.
I also gave up smoking 3 months ago after smoking for nearly 50 years with the help of e cigs. Feeling pretty pleased with myself but disappointed that I have not lost more weight. Could this be because I have given up smoking. A lot of, people say you put on weight when you do give up so perhaps that's why such a slow weight loss.
Re: Slow weight loss
08 Jul 2013, 08:26
Well done on giving up the smoking.

I guess people put on weight when they give up because they eat instead of smoke. I would keep up with the 5:2, there are some on the forum who have a slow start, then there are those like me who loose a lot then stop loosing, grrrr, but it will start again.

Always look on the positive side, it's a pound lost better than a pound gained.

I guess check your TDEE on the tracker, some cut the carbs out, I find this helps me.
Have a browse, there will be some helpful threads, and good luck with your 5:2 journey.
08 Jul 2013, 09:50
Oh well done for giving up the smoking, best thing you can do for yourself. I did and put on weight one of the reasons why I am here to be honest and I wish I had a tool such as 5:2 when in those years ago when I gave up smoking. So all the best Hiljoy and I would factor in your giving up smoking might might have a bit of an effect but you will move on from than I am sure. This is a slow but steady process but by golly it works
08 Jul 2013, 10:32
In the first few weeks of 5:2 your weight can yoyo a bit as your body fat/water percentage adjusts and rebalances. You may well find that next week a couple of pounds comes off and brings you back up to speed so to speak!

Without knowing a bit more about your situation - age, height/weight or BMI, how much you need to lose, how you do your fasts etc it's very hard to offer any solid advice. Tell us a little bit more and we'll try to help!
08 Jul 2013, 10:55
Slow start, fast start, it doesn't really matter. This is a way of eating that you can stick to. A weight loss of 2lb a month that is sustainable for months, years and life, is better than a gimiky diet that gets you a 6lb loss in the first week and that you give up on a month or two later.

Stick with it, the health benefits are worth it as well as the weight loss.

Are you still using the e-cigs? Hubby uses them and has put on a pot belly even though he's a skinny guy. So there must be some chemical IN the ordinary cigarette that keeps weight down that isn't in the e-cigs. As hubby hasn't increased his eating.
08 Jul 2013, 16:27
Hi:

I did not lose anything for the first two weeks. Here are my results through the first 13 - they may give you some hope:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6491

:clover:
6 posts Page 1 of 1