The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I've been doing the 5:2 diet now for around 8 weeks, I've lost 7.5 pounds and around 2.4% body fat but I haven't lost any inches around my tummy?

Is that right or am I doing something wrong? Surely I should have lost a few but it's not moved at all

Any help?!
Have you measured anywhere else? Is the seat of your jeans just a little bit looser? Is your face just a tad thinner? Are your bras a bit looser? Some don't lose around the middle for quite awhile.
:heart: Hi Lauren.m. :heart:
I was a little bit like you but I wasn't getting the tape measure consistent with the "below belly button " area so maybe you could get s better picture for a pair of trousers or a skirt something with a fixed waistband :heart: I'm still struggling but I know I've lost at least 4 inches from my waist but of course that's only a tiny drop in the large ocean :clover: Sue

Opposes forgot to say carry on with whatever you're doing because its obviously working and the size thing will catch-up eventually :heart: trust this magic formula it works :heart:
Hi Lauren.m and welcome to a very friendly forum :like:

I lost quite a few pounds to start with before I saw inches coming off. Everyone varies.

I didn't measure myself in the beginning :frown:, but didn't really take any notice of my waist for example until my trousers were getting rather loose. It was almost at the point of not keeping them up that I noticed a difference in waist! I then took some measurements :wink:

Probably about 3 months before I measured. I have lost several inches but nothing huge like some ladies.

I think it takes our system several weeks to adjust so yours might catch up with you and reflect in inches. You are doing so well though, keep going, it will show when it wants to :smile:

Good luck :like:
Hi Lauren...I'm having exactly the same results. Look at my tracker I'm losing weight and body fat but the waist is being extremely stubborn. I didn't measure my thighs but the weight has melted off of them. I look on the forum and see so many achieving the 50% waist height ratio and their BMI is above mine.

So, in the end I guess we are all different and just have to be satisfied with being healthier.
Hi Lauren,

I'm having the same results. Weight loss but inches on waist not budging. I do not have a scale that measures fat loss, so not sure about that.

I'm happy though, because for the first time in years, I'm having results with a weight loss program. Lost 6.6 pounds in five and a half weeks.

Anne
Hi Everyone

thanks very much for you comments and advice :)

all my bottoms seem looser to be honest - I just find it odd. I'm glad to know other people are having/had the same problem, I really though I was doing something wrong for a while but it must be working else I wouldn't have dropped 7 pounds already :)

thanks again for your help, it was really motivating!!

good luck to everyone!

Lauren
I just think everyone's different in how they lose - you are losing weight and most importantly body fat so as you say - it must be working!
8 posts Page 1 of 1