The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Newbie here..
24 Sep 2013, 02:36
hey there..my name is Marlene. Today was day 1 of me starting this new way of eating. I am currently 145...and looking to have my goal weight between 103-135. I am 45 years old and also suffer from PCOS, hypothyroid, insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue.

I have dropped 3o pound from my highest weight of 175...and have been able to maintain more or less the last 2 years.

I now want to lose fat..which is really hard for me. This week I plan on just following the 5:2 plan..and next week I will incorporate exercise.

Thanks for reading...
Re: Newbie here..
24 Sep 2013, 02:41
Welcome to the forum Marlene. Where do you hail from? I am guessing Aus or the States given the time you are on line!!
I don't know much about your medical conditions but I am sure there are others on here to give you advice, but we are all here to give you support and encouragement!

Debs
24 Sep 2013, 02:44
Welcome. We wish you many successful fast days and encourage you to fill in more of your tracker so we can offer more advice down the road.
24 Sep 2013, 05:27
Welcome and congratulations on your success so far!
24 Sep 2013, 06:08
Welcome Marlene. Hope all goes well for you. quite a few folk on the board with medical conditions- see the 'fasting with medical conditions' thread, so you are not alone.
Lots of support and advice here, so do keep dipping in and let us know how it's going.
Good luck :clover:
24 Sep 2013, 08:13
Welcome to the forums, good luck with the fasting :)
24 Sep 2013, 08:31
Hi Marlene and Welcome :heart:
Well done on the weight lost so far that's brilliant :like:
I'm sure you will achieve the results you're looking for with this
Amazing WOL. Good Luck. :clover: Sue. :clover:
24 Sep 2013, 08:44
Hi Marlene and welcome to the forum!

well done on your progress so far, plenty of support on here and a little gem of a board for info and advice!

good luck and happy fasting :-)
24 Sep 2013, 13:45
Hiya, I only started a couple of weeks ago but have lost 6lb and find it easy-ish! I also have PCOS and joy of joys have entered the menopause. Haven't noticed any changes healthy isle yet but early days. Good Luck.
24 Sep 2013, 14:45
Hi Marlene,good to meet you
I too have hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue...sucks doesnt it!
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with 5:2 x
24 Sep 2013, 15:22
..wow...such encouragement..thanks all!
11 posts Page 1 of 1