The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Sneak to your Supermarket, with your camera and a friend to take the photo.

Go to the freezer section, or the butchers section.

Find the turkey that is the closest in weight to what you have lost. If its a lot of weight, pile the turkeys in a trolley (don't injure your back lifting them in and out).

Get your friend to take a photo of you holding up or standing next to said turkey/s.

Post your picture here (you don't have to post your picture, just the turkey/s picture).

As a reminder, can someone add instructions on how to add a picture please.
Since I won't be able to find a turkey in Okinawa (they're all hiding on base, out of my reach), I'll post the instructions on posting a picture. Click on 'post reply'. Below the box you type in, and below the 'save draft', 'preview', and 'submit' buttons, there is a gray box with two tabs. The default is 'Options'. The other is 'Upload attachment'. Click the latter. Click the 'choose file' button next to 'filename'. After selecting your file, click 'add the file'. Then click 'submit'
Well Julie I didn't take a friend but I picked up 2 turkey's which equalled 13 kgs my most weight lost and it nearly ripped my arms off. Next I was at the hams and I picked up this monster ham of 11kg and apart from the fact it cost a fortune I felt silly and put it down. Again am amazed that the light feeling when I am walking is just me with less lard to cart around
:fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat:
I was at the gym last night and tried to pick up the dumbbell that was closest to the weight I have lost so far. I couldn't lift it from its rack. I must have a rummage around the house and see what I can put together to photograph.
MaryAnn wrote: Since I won't be able to find a turkey in Okinawa (they're all hiding on base, out of my reach), I'll post the instructions on posting a picture. Click on 'post reply'. Below the box you type in, and below the 'save draft', 'preview', and 'submit' buttons, there is a gray box with two tabs. The default is 'Options'. The other is 'Upload attachment'. Click the latter. Click the 'choose file' button next to 'filename'. After selecting your file, click 'add the file'. Then click 'submit'

You may also need to resize photos, as large files won't be accepted.
Never dare a fool.

I didn't have a friend with me so I had to take the pic myself. Rummaging through all of those turkeys to find precisely the right weight, taking a sneaky pic and then putting it back on the shelf without looking like a total wierdo. :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: Added to the mix, I was laughing maniacally to myself. Enough to frighten children.

I have certainly lost the plot this Christmas. @julieathome, where is YOURS???
Ok I've had to think outside the box for this one as I'm not allowed to lift 5kg let alone go shopping yet.
Here's a pic of an unopened 1kg bag of pasta. 5.9 of them.
Oh my goodness me I don't believe it.
The turkey is coming out of the freezer on Saturday to defrost. There is no way I am taking it out and trying to shove the blasted thing back in again after the trouble we had getting it in, in the first place, so you have to wait till then.
Oh brilliant... I am sooooooo tempted.... might have to pop down the road tomorrow and do this..... doubt I'll find a turkey that weighs 4.5 stone though (that's what I've lost since I started dieting, not since 5:2ing).... but I'm tempted to go fill a trolley :)
I'm at the 3 stone stage. I will probably put the turkey on the floor and pile all the Christmas goodies around it to make up the difference.
Well Tesco's Large Turkeys are 9kg so two large turkeys and a couple of boxes of mice pies will cover my weight loss.

Edit: MINCE pies, not mice pies.
Hahaha! Love the idea, will have a go when I can!
This is brilliant, thank you Julie. I usually think in terms of bags of sugar. Our local supermarket had a promo on Turkey this year so we went to get one and OH had a choice of two!
How very silly but much fun. My daughter who took the picture was shocked that I'd lost twice the weight of the turkey. The turkey was just over 6kg and was heavy...makes you think.
Wow! just look at you in those skinny jeans, fantastico!
22 posts Page 1 of 2