The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Starting Today
02 Jan 2014, 11:17
Im sure im not the only one but im starting today.
i've bought 2 books reccomended through this forum so now have a good understanding of what i need to be doing.

Im currently just over 19 stone. Hoping to loose about 4 stone over the year.

im allowed 678 calories a day (on fast days) at the moment and I plan to track my non fast days on myfitnesspal where il be aiming for around 2200 calories a day (enough to lose 1lb a week).

il post updates weekly to keep me motivated, im also registered on the progress tracker so as this seems to work for many people, hopefully the losses will keep me enthusiastic about the diet.

Today i've started with

Muller light (92 calories)
2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk (70 calories)

squeeze & stir soup (92 calories)
pop chips (92 calories)

planning to have

pepper quorn steak (124 calories)

and then i've got about 200 left for something later on.

good luck to everyone else starting in the new year.
Re: Starting Today
02 Jan 2014, 11:23
Firstly welcome and good luck.

You've come to the right place. Armed with the books you have plenty of info to get going.

Check out the FAQs, and announcements by carorees at the top of the home page.

Many of us start with a few or maybe two meals a day, but then move towards very little or no cals till tea time. we can have a massive meal which keeps us full till the next morning.

Don't forget to measure everywhere, as sometimes the tape shows more than the scales. Keep it simple and keep us up to date with your progress.
:clover:
Good Luck with your first fast.
02 Jan 2014, 11:38
:clover: Hi @lavster. And Welcome you've found yourself the answer to your weight problem I should know because in April 2013 I weighed in at a disgusting 19 stones!!!

My signature gives my 8 month journey I've been doing 4:3 and eating evening meal only because eating lunch/snack wakes up my hunger monster and then I can't stop!!! This is far easier to do than it sounds when you're first starting out yes really :clover: Good. Luck :clover:
02 Jan 2014, 12:32
Hello and welcome lavster. Plenty of support and advice here. Have a good look around the site. With the books too you'll be we'll informed. You just need to do it ;) join in with the fasting today thread and see how many of us are 5:2ing and getting closer to our targets and more healthy.
Good luck and do let us know how you get on
:clover:
02 Jan 2014, 12:38
Hi and welcome from North Wales!
You will soon find what works for you - we're all different in our ways of fasting, yet all of us (who've lost a lot of weight) have followed the same principles.

Good luck!
02 Jan 2014, 12:50
Hi and Welcome! :smile:
6 posts Page 1 of 1