The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
28 Mar 2013, 21:50
Hello! I am a newbie from the United States. I tried many diets on and off. I am 5'2" and now at 145 pounds - up 25 pounds in 10 years. I really want to get back to where I was before and feel good. I am a pretty healthy eater and exercise quite regularly. But in the last year things sort of stopped happening when I would take on yet another diet. I really have high hopes for this diet :grin: .

Today is my second fast day. I did well during the first one but was not too prepared. I have to say that I could not work out that day - was very hungry and felt weak. I also could not help but think of what I was going to eat all day :shock: .

This time around I am better prepared. Shrimp was my food of choice - loa cal and I love it.Also, a bag of Organic Edamame that you have to shell. The entire bad is 200 cal - my dinner. I still have 77 cal to spare and I think I will load up on fruit (watermelon, strawberries).

I hope to get to the point when I would not feel so weak and could work out on my fast days.

Glad to join you all here.
Re: Newbie
28 Mar 2013, 22:06
Welcome ! You will find a lot of support here and really nice people. We are on this journey together. I have you beat....5'2 and started at 166 lbs. I don't eat diet food, pay for a type of diet or become obsessed with food. This is a way of life to embrace:)
28 Mar 2013, 22:15
Hi Dsmith30! Thank you for the welcome! I think I am more into nutritional side of "diets". Since I have tried so many of them, I came to realization that all I want is to be healthy and eat healthy. Having these extra 25 pounds really makes me feel NOT healthy. My friends don't believe I put on 25 pounds since my wedding day but I did. I guess it is just spread evenly:). Anyway, my downfall is also snacking constantly as I am watching TV or read. I snack on healthy things - blueberries, grapefruits, whatever fruit. But I do it ALL THE TIME! So 5:2 is a great way for me to close my mouth at least two days a week - LOL. How are you doing on 5:2?
28 Mar 2013, 23:03
Doing great ! My husband is doing it with me so we support each other. I was a snacker all day on unhealthy things...cookies, chips and crackers. At least you ate fruit !! We are all in it together. Fasting today and it truly gets easier as the weeks go on instead of harder. Good Luck and Happy Easter :)
28 Mar 2013, 23:05
Thank you, ladies! Happy Easter to you too:)
28 Mar 2013, 23:16
Hi good luck to you. nice to have another US resident on board although all the Brits are really nice. ( I'm actually married to one). I do my workout in the mornings and I have something small to eat before and a coffee so a fast day is not different from any other day since I don't have the "fast effects" in the morning.
6 posts Page 1 of 1